Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: texting charges

Florida Newbie

texting charges

hi anyone know costs of texting from a uk mobile to another uk mobile in florida thanks colin

Lots!

It will depend upon your carrier and your package, however, I suspect both of you would be charged with international roaming charges. If it is to ease communication while on holiday, you probably will be cheaper picking up a couple of PAYG handsets while you're out there from WalMart or the likes. Get the cheapest handsets possible and try to get them with $20 of credit on them - remember this doesn't have to be the latest/trendiest handset - you want cheap and functional and two of them.

Edited to add I've just checked Walmart's website and you can get a $25 net10 prepaid phone shipped to store which comes with $25 of credit on it. This way it means you can also call as well as text and even call ahead to things like restaurants and the like.
    Last edited by MTP; 16-08-2012 at 19:21.
    Euan

Florida Chatterbox
    I have been out there recently and evey text I sent back to the uk cost me 40 pence. I am with Tesco but out there it used the T mobile service

Florida Chatterbox
    My texts in May to the UK cost me 25p per text. I'm with Virgin Mobile.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    On O2 network, and a monthly contract. I can receive any texts and it not chargeable. To make a text it costs 25p. To receive a call costs me 90p and to make a call costs me £1.10
    CERI

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Whilts in Florida last month our friends, also in Florida sent texts to me several times. I know it was 40p per text, for me to send one to them. It was free to receive.
    I am with Orange. I don't know what network they are on but they are also fom the UK.
    Graham

When I land in US I get a text from O2 with a break down of charges for use whilst in the country.

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Also, with our Virgin contract last year, I had to call the villa several times from my mobile. Answered only once but I was charged every time I made the call. I queried this with Virgin and they said once the call hits the signal you are charged regardless whether you have made the call. I queried this, as I also had some sales calls which I did not answer, and was charged for those too. I did make a complaint and they refunded these but with any incoming calls, even if your phone is switched on Virgin make charges. Very unfair
    Jan&Steve

It is a shame that the new rules for Europe cannot be extended to the US. I am not a great fan of the EU but this is one thing they have done well on.
    Graham

Three are brilliant. We pay 15p for texts, nothing to recieve. Calls are 25p per min, no charge for incoming. 3G is £5 per day (skype works with 3g). This is supposed to be just for europe but they extended it to the usa for us after a threat of moving contract, we have 7 phones ln one account. So far I have only used the service in europe, the 3g is supposed to be a cut down speed but I had no problem viewing netflix and youtube, plus we did quite a bit of uploading.