Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Downtown Disney 2012

Florida Junior

Downtown Disney 2012

Just wondering if anyone has been to Downtown Disney in the last 12 months or so and whether you would recommend it? It's my youngests 10th Birthday whilst we are there and we were thinking of taking him to Downtown Disney & Disney Quest on his actual birthday...

From what I gather it's free to go to Downtown Disney but you have to pay to go into Disney Quest? Does a standard Disney park ticket pass cover this?

Any information or experiences appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dave

A standard type ticket for Disney does not include Disney Quest.

However some of the multiday ones do if they come with 'extras'.

Disney tend to group things like water parks and quest as an add-on, but you can buy them on there own.

Have a look at this link and you will be able to see which tickets include entry into the Quest area.

http://www.park-tickets.com/

Regards Dave

P.S. If it's his birthday why not consider Quest in the afternoon then a meal in one of the restaurants followed by an evening at the Cirque Du Soleil.
    Last edited by DaveL; 13-08-2012 at 19:00.
    Dave Lewis

Florida Chatterbox
    Downtown Disney is predominately shopping, dining and entertainment with a multi-screen cinema, Circque du Soleil, Planet Holywood, Rainforest Cafe, many restaurants and numerous speciality shops inclding the largest Disney Store in the world I believe.

As you have said there is also Disney Quest and I would have thought this is the only place that would hold anything special for a 10 year old but my daughter is 27 so I'm out of touch in the 10 year old department.

I may be wrong but I thought Disney Quest is a separate ticket to the standard Disney Ticket.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    From Autumn. Disney are due to open the new ten pin bowling centre, Splitsville.
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    If your 10 year old is a sports fan it might be worth checking out Disneys Wide world of sports to see if there is anything that might appeal.
    Babblin Boo

You can also rent boats and go out on the lake and the balloon ride if it has re-opened.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    My boys love Disney Quest. I remember when it first opened it was the first thing on our trip list to do. They're older now but they've liked it since they were your son's age. They would stay there all day which was too much for me so I'd either have coffee and cheesecake in the cafe and browse the free internet or make my husband stay with them and go shopping. I'd say it would be a good birthday choice if he likes arcade games. I like the virtual reality games and I'm not really an arcade game player but it was great to let the boys play on them for as long as they wanted without having constant demands for more money to put in them.
    Angela

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post

P.S. If it's his birthday why not consider Quest in the afternoon then a meal in one of the restaurants followed by an evening at the Cirque Du Soleil.
    Cheers Dave - I think we may just do that. Will have to pay though as the tickets I bought didn't include it :-(

Thanks everyone else for your replies. Both my lads (aged 10 & 14) love their videogames (and I'm a bit of a closet gamer too) so I guess it could be ideal. Will just have to find the wife something to do that day....

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davealsop View Post
    Cheers Dave - I think we may just do that. Will have to pay though as the tickets I bought didn't include it :-(

Thanks everyone else for your replies. Both my lads (aged 10 & 14) love their videogames (and I'm a bit of a closet gamer too) so I guess it could be ideal. Will just have to find the wife something to do that day....
    It is worth checking when you go to Guest services if you can upgrade the tickets you have got as that could be cheaper than a day pass?
    Babblin Boo