Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Long Before Fliying Can You Book Seats - Virgin, Manchester to Orlando?

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
    Thank you everyone, i'll keep checking.

When we have booked the seats online do we need to confirm this through the site 48 hours before the flight? I just assumed once reserved the seats were, well, reserved!?
    No you don't need to reconfirm but they're not really reserved either - they're requested. Virgin will change them if they want to and quite often do. You confirm the seats at online checkin 24 hours before but even then they can change them - they can change them right up to when you board the aircraft even after you've got your boarding pass although it's not likely - it did happen to my parents once but it's never happened to me.
    Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Philomena View Post
    We always book our seats as soon as we have booked our tickets but on the last few occasions with Virgin our seats were changed when we did our bag drop - which is rather annoying. Maybe when they release the new seating plans they will match this up with a better reservation system!

Wherever you sit you will have a great time in Florida.
    We usually book our seats at the same time as we book Virgin flights, but it is well worth checking these every couple of months as sometimes they do have to change your seats if the layout changes etc and the sooner you find the change, the sooner you can make a fresh choice if needed.
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    We usually book our seats at the same time as we book Virgin flights, but it is well worth checking these every couple of months as sometimes they do have to change your seats if the layout changes etc and the sooner you find the change, the sooner you can make a fresh choice if needed.
    We tried in the summer when booking our PE flights for December but the website said until the planes had been reconfigured it was impossible to select the seats. I just keep checking to see if it is possible every now and then.
    Babblin Boo

Super Moderator
    Last I heard (when I enquired about a cruise in our local Virgin shop on Saturday) was that it was likely to be November before it is back to normal seat booking arrangements

Florida Newbie
    We were told by Virgin that it would be in January that the seat maps were back to normal. Andy