Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long Before Fliying Can You Book Seats - Virgin, Manchester to Orlando?

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

How Long Before Fliying Can You Book Seats - Virgin, Manchester to Orlando?

Hi everyone, booked our holiday for next august Manchester to Orlando Int with Virgin Atlantic.

Does anyone have any rough idea of when we can log on to reserve seats? Tried already but no flight details are available yet.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Scheduled flights are normally released about 11 months before departure but it is possible to go via eg http://www.flightsflorida.com/ and they will probably have some flights for next August

Florida Newbie
    You can't at the moment with virgin while there re structuring the seating on a lot of there planes

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
    Hi everyone, booked our holiday for next august Manchester to Orlando Int with Virgin Atlantic.

Does anyone have any rough idea of when we can log on to reserve seats? Tried already but no flight details are available yet.

Thanks
    I guess you'll have booked with Virgin Holidays as you cannot book direct with Virgin Atlantic until 11 months before departure. You will need the 6 digit booking reference from Virgin Holidays (unless you already have this) and you can then go on the VA web site and "Manage Your Booking" where you can input Advance Passenger Information etc. and select your seats if this facilty is available. I know you cannot pick seats in Premium Economy as the 747's are being refurbished with different seating layouts but I don't know if you can select seats in Economy.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We have booked for Jan. but you cannot prebook your seat at the moment as they are restructuring.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    I guess you'll have booked with Virgin Holidays as you cannot book direct with Virgin Atlantic until 11 months before departure. You will need the 6 digit booking reference from Virgin Holidays (unless you already have this) and you can then go on the VA web site and "Manage Your Booking" where you can input Advance Passenger Information etc. and select your seats if this facilty is available. I know you cannot pick seats in Premium Economy as the 747's are being refurbished with different seating layouts but I don't know if you can select seats in Economy.
    Agents also like Charter travel who are recommended have an allocation they can sell before the 11 months that you can prebook with Virgin Atlantic direct.
    Babblin Boo

A couple of days ago we were told by a flying club rep that the new seating plans will be available in about a month.

Liz

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    A couple of days ago we were told by a flying club rep that the new seating plans will be available in about a month.

That would be good I like to select my seat as soon as possible (but the last time we did this by the time we got on the plane we were 20 rows further back than our original booking!)
    Lyn

We always book our seats as soon as we have booked our tickets but on the last few occasions with Virgin our seats were changed when we did our bag drop - which is rather annoying. Maybe when they release the new seating plans they will match this up with a better reservation system!

Wherever you sit you will have a great time in Florida.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Thank you everyone, i'll keep checking.

When we have booked the seats online do we need to confirm this through the site 48 hours before the flight? I just assumed once reserved the seats were, well, reserved!?