Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Alamo Silver Option

Florida Savvy

Alamo Silver Option

Hi
    After many years of hiring Alamo's silver option for our frequent visits to orlando, I decided to hire the silver option for my Daughter as she was visiting for the first time without us.
    However when she picked up the car she was told that she did not have the additional driver included, some sort of mix up I assumed.

After checking up I find that they have now introduced a "silver basic" the only difference is that the extra driver in not included.

I must admit that when I hired it of her I just picked the usual silver option as I have always done,or so I thought. I turns out that they introduced the "basic" option about six months ago!!something I was totally unaware of and now having looked at the "booking " page I can understand why it is easy to pick the wrong option.

I would have thought that this type of change would have been more widely advertised and to avoid confusion why not call it "Bronze" option for instance.

Just want to make everyone aware of the ease in which you can hire the wrong option without realising it.

Regards Ian
    i r j taylor

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We did announce it on here and on our Facebook and Twitter pages at the time (or at least I think we did). We want customers to understand the options there are and take great pride in our website and getting information over to users.

I'm sorry to hear you had problems, but I'm not sure what else we could be doing to communicate this to our customers.

We did think about calling the Silver Basic option Bronze, but as the only difference between it and the Silver Inclusive rate is the 1 driver, we thought calling it Silver Basic Inclusive would the clearest way of indicating a slightly stripped back product to our customers.

As usual, full details of the options available are on our website at http://www.uscarhire.com/hiretypes.aspx

Florida Junior
    Thank goodness I read this on the forum. I had just booked what I thought was the silver all inclusive (same as I booked a few months ago) with additional driver. When I checked it I found it to be the 'Basic' silver. I have now had to change it. A lot of us don't have 'Twitter' or 'Facebook'!
    I think you need to make it clearer for those of us not in the know, that there are two silver options. I think the idea of Bronze is a much better and clearer option.

Florida Savvy
    Hi Jantel
    Pleased that my earlier posting alerted you to the issue, that was the reason I posted.
    My daughter has had to face paying $9.99 per day to be added, glad you have avoided this.
    Like you I do not get involved with the social media sites such as those you mentioned, n must be old fashioned)
    Regards
    Ian
    i r j taylor

Administrator
    Bear in mind that even if you don't read the forum or Facebook, we do make it very clear on the site. Silver Inclusive is still the same as it always was (same name and still has 2 drivers). The new Silver Basic option does clearly state on the quote and confirmation and voucher that it only includes 1 driver.

Florida Chatterbox
    I think that a Gold, Silver and Bronze option would be far clearer, rather that 2 types of Silver.
    Errol

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1616.aspx[/url]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I actually suggested that at the time but for commercial reasons that I can't really go into here, we had to go with the Silver Basic and Silver option we have now. I appreciate it's not *absolutely* ideal, but we do go to great pains to make things as obvious as possible to customers on the site, including a panel that says how many drivers against each price.

I can honestly say the only complaints (or confusion) we've ever had are the two people above who mistook the Basic option for the 2 driver option. We ask for feedback from all returning customers (and most do respond) and no-one else has mentioned it, so we don't think it's a big issue, although would rather we get 100% of our customers understanding the options as the last thing we want is to appear to mis-lead people.

Quote Originally Posted by pubmaster2k View Post
    I think that a Gold, Silver and Bronze option would be far clearer, rather that 2 types of Silver.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I always book the silver option and when booking our car for June I did notice there were 2 silver options so checked them both out to see what the difference was, have to say I found it fairly easily.
    Lyn