Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our 2012 trip

Our 2012 trip

Thats us been home for a few days- sorry for my lack of reports- I just didn't seem to have time this year! But thought I would give a quick rundown on our trip.
    We travelled with Virgin from Manchester to MCO and all went well with the flight etc, we hired a Dodge Caravan and it fitted the 7 of us and 5 large cases and various hand luggage- was bit of a squeeze with all that it but no real hardship.
    Arrived at Emerald Island and the villa was lovely- could have done with more sunloungers as only 2 and the putside table only fitted 4 but we managed.

Out first morning was spent at Celebration for breakfast- eggs Benedict at Market St Cafe - yum and a wander round the lake after- perfect start to the holiday.

We did all the parks as usual- I had planned them using the a park planner thing I found on the net which tells you what parks busy on whats days etc and tried to go only on "green" days. The parks were however still very busy( i don't ever want to see another summer camp/school group from Brazil again!!) as would be for this time of year but we all still enjoyed them- As ever Busch was our favourite- it was much quieter and it was by far everyone's favourite- great value for money with far more coasters than all the others.

It was my cousin's 40th the first week - so we decorated the villa and woke her up with champagne. Later we went to Manny's (our first time) and I got them to bring a cake out at the end so she enjoyed her day. We all enjoyed Manny's kids loved being able to draw on the tablecloth and not a peep was heard from them the whole time we were there.
    Loved the salad and all the adults had steak and said it was fab- I opted for the coconut shrimp and it wasn't very nice as compared the Bahama Breeze but nevertheless enjoyed the Manny experience.
    We did tell her we had booked her onto the sky coaster at Old Town but she wasn't falling for it!!

We had a lot of thunderstorms but nothing that stopped us doing anything. Apart from pulling the kids out the pool a few times-they weren't impressed!

I hit Premium Outlets quite heavily this year- oops!!But as not palnning another trip for a few years it had to be done(thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

Our flight home was on a Virgin Jumbo and was a bit crap it had the old entertainment system(pants) and food was awful. One drink offered etc. Then taxi to hotel and drive back up to Scotland- arrived home at 5pm and was working at 7.30am the next
    day- not good!!

Anyway I feel much better after the weekend- just wish the weather here was a bit warmer!!!

Loved the report, any pictures? please!
    Jan

Florida Junior
    Nice report! If you dont mind me asking what was the website you used to plan the park trips?

Lynn, sounds like a good holiday, and how can you not hit Premium Outlets hard?! It's so far away, take advantage whilst you're there.

I'm pleased to see another positive comment for Market Street Cafe. As recorded in my trip report, we love it, and we're all somewhat flummoxed by the 5 page long thread that has been knocking it for the last week or so.

And finally, I sympathise with you - I'm in Scotland this week, working on the London Olympics from Glasgow (yes, I was confused too) and the weather here is quite un-Floridian
    My tip - keep looking at your holiday photos and keep the memory alive (Hmm, that catch-phrase sounds familiar.......)
    Dave.

Florida Savvy
    Thanks for the report , hope youz njoyed hols, almost 2 yrs since our " holiday of a lifetime " but still look at the pics to remind us of our great time, also keep up to date now with the forum till we can save enough for a return visit
    Ian Mcc

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Good trip report Lynn - you certainly didn't miss a lot of nice weather here in Scotland - although yesterday was nice - well for a couple of hours, anyway Glad you enjoyed your visit to Manny's - that's always our first restaurant visit where we catch up with all our Florida pals - roll on 5 weeks today - I'll just have arrived by this time!
    Jean

Quote Originally Posted by davealsop View Post
    Nice report! If you dont mind me asking what was the website you used to plan the park trips?
    Hi dave Have pm'd you as not allowed to mention other websites on the forum.

I'll try and get some photos on if I can figure it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnroy View Post
    The parks were however still very busy( i don't ever want to see another summer camp/school group from Brazil again!!)!
    Ah, the memories! Many years ago (33 to be precise) I stayed at a hotel in Miami with my parents. As a 17 year old, I wasn't that keen on being there with them. All changed instantly however, when returning to the hotel we came across two beautiful Brazilian girls standing at the bottom of the steep steps with huge, heavy suitcases. They were my age, and clearly struggling to manage their bags up to reception. Well, it was the work of an instant for me to shove my parents off round the corner and help these lovely girls with their bags. When I came back down there were about another 15 of them standing there, all as beautiful as the first two and all with huge cases as well. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Picture the girl from Ipanema x 15. They stood sround smiling and giggling whilst I carried all the bags up the stairs, then came back to do what I could to impress them. Just as I felt I was making a breakthrough in Brazil/Belfast relations, A teacher appeared and swept them all away! I hung around the bar and pool for three days, but never saw any of them again. Heartbroken. Ruined my holiday, so much so that 33 years later it still rankles.

So, I'm all for Brazilian school trips, maybe someone else can do better than me in future, good luck to him.
    Tonish

loved it Lynn, need a boost as mines still forever away! thanks xxx
    Liesa

I agree the amount of Brazilian groups is crazy!