Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Help looking for somewhere to stay

Florida Newbie

Help looking for somewhere to stay

I wrote a post and for some reason it vanished? So if this appears twice I apologise!

Ok so this is technically my first post lol so big HI

Iv stayed in Florida loads of times since being a kid.
    stayed in villas, hotels, condos etc
    i like the idea of staying in a villa but we won't be visiting Disney only sea world and universal, and all the villas are 25 -30 mins away
    theres only me and my girlfriend so don't want to have to fork loads out on taxis on an evening when we both want a drink and seems stupid paying for a villa for 8 - 10 people when there's two of us!
    Two years ago we stayed at Vista Cay by millennium which was brilliant but it's like £1300 for the pair of us for two weeks and I really want to keep the accommodation down to £1k mark.

Are there any Villa places 15 mins from I-drive?
    id appreciate any help as its starting to be a bit of a pain!

Many thanks
    Last edited by Yarm79; 31-07-2012 at 09:43.

Super Moderator
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Your first post has now re-appeared so I have deleted it for you.

Staying in a villa is a much better idea than a hotel as you have a lot more space but unfortunately I do not think there are any short term villa communities within 15 minutes of International Drive. It is still worth putting out enquiries from http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/ and http://www.orlandovillas.com/ and let owners know your requirements.

Just so you can budget for this cost you should know that taxi rates have just increased by 9% in Orlando.

You will now pay $2.40 for the first 1/4 mile and then 60 cents per 1/4 mile after that.

You also need to factor in the tip. Depending on where you stay a one way journey of say 5 miles is going to cost you about $35 in fares and tips.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Dave yes that's a big help
    Any places which were near lots of restaurants I was looking for really like Indian Ridge looked quite close to places.
    I think its the 192 that has lots of restaurants if I'm not mistaken?

Florida Savvy
    Ur right about the 192, plenty of restaurants etc, some of the communities will b within walking distance, also Highland Reserve on the 27, right next to Berry town centre, check the map which is part of this site
    Ian Mcc

You should have a look at the map below which shows you where all the villas are located.

You are right when you say that 192 is the main road which has lots going on.

Google street view will let you see what's on the 192 in a particular area your looking at.

Regards Dave

http://www.orlandovillas.com/map.aspx
    Dave Lewis

Glenbrook has a daily shuttle bus service to the parks & clothing outlets
    Regards Carol