Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passports for park entry?

Florida Junior

Passports for park entry?

I seem to remember last time we were in Florida it was recommended that we had our passports (or a copy of our passports) with us to gain entry into the Parks. Now my memory isn't as good as it used to be and I can't for the life of me remember whether we actually needed them.

Anyone able to fill me in on the detail?

I'd prefer if at all possible not to have to carry our passports round all the parks with us.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We just have a copy of all our passports on one sheet of A4 paper. Don't think we have ever been asked for them
    Christine

Assuming you've bought tickets in advance & not at ticket booths, it's possible (though not at all likely) that you might be asked for ID.
    Passports are certainly the most acceptable form of 'photo ID.....
    Would advise (as Christine) that you carry photocopies of your passports with you - NEVER originals!

We never carry passports or copies and never been asked for them at the parks. We have drivers licences for ID if necessary.

Liz

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    If you have photo driving licence this should be OK. We never carry our passports around.
    Lyn

Never in almost 20 years have we been asked for passports or ID.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    In the past (not sure of they do now) you were supposed to sign the back of your ticket and the passport (or other ID ) just confirmed you were the person on the ticket to stop them being trnasferred to others. I think the fingerprint process is supposed to have made sure this doesnt happen but I wonder if this is why it was suggested to you to carry them before?
    Babblin Boo

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the clarification - sounds like a good idea to have copies of passports - just in case...

We bought tickets in advance from here by the way.

We were asked for photo ID when we went to Sea World with E-Tickets bought from Sea World website.
    Being of the generation before the introduction of photo driving licences (the paper ones suit us fine !!! & don't need "upgrading" every so often...), passports are our only photo ID's...
    Actually, typing this, another thought has come to mind.... If you want to use a Disney hotel carpark (say to visit Boardwalk), you'll need photo ID ! Costco membership cards which have our 'photos on 'em weren't acceptable, copies of passports were O.K.

wrpac00
    Quote Originally Posted by davealsop View Post
    Thanks for the clarification - sounds like a good idea to have copies of passports - just in case...

We bought tickets in advance from here by the way.
    Don't you have a photo DL? They are more readily accepted than a passport.