Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Transformers Coming to Universal Orlando?

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Transformers Coming to Universal Orlando?

Ive been reading lots about this online and it was recently posted on Orlando Theme Park Insider that Universal is set to follow in the footsteps of the Hollywood Studios and are building Transformers 3D in Florida too.

The build is apparently underway (somewhere near the New York section) but with no official announcement from Universal can anyone be sure this is definitely going to be Transformers? I'm sure a Universal Official denied that Transformers was to be built last Winter because it will be too similar to Spiderman - anyone have any info about whether these rumours are true or when the new attraction (whatever it may be) will open?

Florida Chatterbox TracyAndDean's Avatar
    I read somewhere on the internet that they're looking at expanding Harry Potter into Universal studios. It looks like it's possibly replacing Jaws which closed at the beginning of this year. They also mentioned a possiblity of a Transformers ride as they may also be looking at closing ET in the future - not sure how true this is though.

Oh no, i hope ET isnt going - i was really sad when jaws was closed too. I love HP and thoroughly enjoyed the WWOHP on our last trip but kept saying how much more they could do too so im glad the expansion is going ahead, though its a shame jaws had to close its doors for this to happen. then again, in my opinion, amity has been a little bit drab and space not used well for years. it did need remodelling and modernising

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    I believe Transformers is being built opposite Rip Ride rocket, next to the Monster cafe I beive it is called. This areas is presently all fenced off.

The Jaws ride has closed and this is where the new Harry Potter ride is being built, I believe.

I haven'theard any rumour about ET closing.

I did speak to a few cast members last week and this is what I was told although I didn't ask about E.T
    Graham

Transformers 3D to open in Summer 2013 - officially announced yesterday by Universal...!! I for one cant wait to ride it on honeymoon next August!

They are extending the Harry Potter area into Universal Studious and both areas will be connected by a Hogwarts Express, maybe utilising the steam engine they already have onsite.

This is great news and why universal in my view out does Disney.they get rid of the old tired rides and replace them with bigger and better stuff.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Transformers Coming to Universal Orlando?

Still no official announcement about the expansion of Harry Potter - but if pictures are anything to go by Gringotts Bank (rumoured to be a new coaster) is taking shape as is the entrance to Kings Cross Station. Anyone interested should like the Orlando Theme Park News Facebook page - lots of updates at the mo.