Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November advice please

Florida Junior

November advice please

Hi All

I am sure this will have been covered before, I am looking for some general advice on November, such as weather to expect around the second week, average theme park wait times, good time to visit (we are travelling with a disabled guest so we try to look for the quieter times out of season). Also are there taxis outside the mall of millenia you can just hail without booking anything (this is something I have never done in florida before as we have always travelled everywhere by car) and lastly is the Titanic exhibit on I drive worth a visit. Many thanks and sorry if I am asking questions that have already been covered.

Carl

Florida Chatterbox
    We visit in November and its our favourite time. Weather is warm, generally around 78 to 82 degrees with fairly low humidity so very pleasant. Theme parks are fairly quiet with short wait times particilatly the first couple of weeks in November. Veterans day (11th November) can get a bit busier but its not like other holidays. Its does get busy however as you get towards the end of November and Thanksgiving.

Cannot answer about Taxi's at the Mall at Millenia as we've always had a car.

We vistited the Titanic Exhibition a few years ago when it was raining (May) and thoroughly enjoyed it. We would not have thought of going had it not been for the weather but glad we did. You are taken round by a guide in period costume who is one of the passengers (or crew I believe) who is very informative and dispels some of the myths that have been portrayed by Holywood. Well worth a visit.

The day time weather is usually warm and pleasant but it can get cool in the evenings so you really do need to take a fleece or something warm. The parks are generally not as busy and nor are many restaurant. You will still have to queue at the popular ones but probably not for so long. Sorry - never used taxis so can't answer that one
    Lynne

I can help on a couple of things. We normally visit Florida in Nov/Dec and think the weather is perfect, as at any-time during the year you can expect the odd bad day. When we went last year with my Son and family (although in October/November that year) he dropped us off at the Mall of Millenia, when we wanted to leave there was a cab outside but he could have just dropped someone off. As for the parks again in October/November they were reasonable, no long waits at all (especially if you use Fast Pass) except for the kiddie rides which sometimes were bad.

Keith

Florida Junior
    Many Thanks

Carl

We have been going in November for almost 20 years and have never needed anything as warm as a fleece. A light cardigan is the most I have ever worn and even that very rarely. It is our favourite time of the year, even better than Spring time. We will be back on 7th November and can't wait.

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    We have been going in November for almost 20 years and have never needed anything as warm as a fleece. A light cardigan is the most I have ever worn and even that very rarely. It is our favourite time of the year, even better than Spring time. We will be back on 7th November and can't wait.

Andrena
    Same here, never needed anything like a fleece. We usualy go to "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" which doesn't end until midnight and the worst I've had on is a long sleeved polo shirt and the wife a light cardigan. We go over on 8th November and we can't wait also but when we can back we won't be able to wait until next May.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crush777 View Post
    Hi All

I am sure this will have been covered before, I am looking for some general advice on November, such as weather to expect around the second week,
    Been asked many times - search term 'November weather' brings up several threads which might be of interest.

I used to go to Florida every November but stopped a couple of years ago because of a couple of quite chilly years. I'd say you'll be fine in the first couple of weeks (I used to go around the final week) but by the end of the month it gets much cooler and it doesn't really warm up fully until mid morning. The other thing to bear in mind is that, like here in the UK, the days are much shorter than in the summer and when the sun goes down the temperature drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Same here, never needed anything like a fleece. We usualy go to "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" which doesn't end until midnight and the worst I've had on is a long sleeved polo shirt and the wife a light cardigan.
    Have to agree, we did it last year. Great to see snow in Florida. November 29th this year but just me and the wife for three weeks. A great build up to Xmas.

As Katys Grandad said it does get darker earlier but not as bad as over here.
    Last edited by syrup; 23-07-2012 at 15:12.

Florida Chatterbox
    Don't mind it getting darker earlier as it means that the parks close earlier and so don't have to wait until late for the fireworks/shows, except MVMCP that is.