Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Customs

Florida Chatterbox

Customs

We are travelling glasgow - philadephia - orlando with US Airways, do we see our luggage at philadelphia ? do we go through customs at philadlephia ? or do we do all that at orlando !?

thanks

Florida Expert
    You will go through Immigraton and Customs at Philadelphia so yes, you will collect your luggage there and go through full security again - liquids, shoes off, coats off, belts off etc.
    Clare R

Florida Expert
    but on the upside when you arrive at orlando you just pick up yur cases and go , because by then you are a domestic arrival.
    Jo

Just remember to put any duty free liquids you have purchased into your hold luggage before you check them back in or you may end up loosing them!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomena View Post
    Just remember to put any duty free liquids you have purchased into your hold luggage before you check them back in or you may end up loosing them!
    Whilst I take your point, does anyone buy duty free booze going to the USA these days?

Definately.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert5988 View Post
    Whilst I take your point, does anyone buy duty free booze going to the USA these days?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert5988 View Post
    Hardly at all I suspect because, with a few exceptions, it's not the bargain it was and the liquid restrictions haven't helped.

The Duty Free shops are far quieter than they used to be years ago and I see very few people boarding transatlantic flights with bags from them now. It's the same on the return flights where you can actually see how much has been bought because it's delivered to the aircraft door for collection on boarding. The jetways used to be packed with it but nowadays it's just a few small bags and not all of that will be booze.

The other question I would ask is how many people buy it onboard now? I really feel for the cabin crew who are obviously required by their employers to walk through the aircraft holding up the catalogue with almost nobody interested.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 10-07-2012 at 03:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Hardly at all I suspect because, with a few exceptions, it's not the bargain it was and the liquid restrictions haven't helped.

The Duty Free shops are far quieter than they used to be years ago and I see very few people boarding transatlantic flights with bags from them now. It's the same on the return flights where you can actually see how much has been bought because it's delivered to the aircraft door for collection on boarding. The jetways used to be packed with it but nowadays it's just a few small bags and not all of that will be booze.

The other question I would ask is how many people buy it onboard now? I really feel for the cabin crew who are obviously required by their employers to walk through the aircraft holding up the catalogue with almost nobody interested.
    If they actually sold the stuff "duty free" then it might be worth buying it, but I can usually buy spirits, for example, cheaper in Tesco's. However, I do buy cigars (Classics) in the duty free on the way out. These definitely offer a big saving over the usual retail price.
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    We find the alcohol is cheaper in Florida than so called duty free but I guess it does depend on what the alcohol is.

Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    If they actually sold the stuff "duty free" then it might be worth buying it, but I can usually buy spirits, for example, cheaper in Tesco's. However, I do buy cigars (Classics) in the duty free on the way out. These definitely offer a big saving over the usual retail price.
    There's a fantastic cigar shop at Dr Phillips called Corona Cigar Co, it's next door to Roys Restaurant - they have another branch in Downtown Orlando but apparently it doesn't have such a wide selection.
    Caroline & Dave