Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FairFx

FairFx

Hi
    Has anyone used them recently to order dollars? They have the best exchange rate that I can see $1.54.
    Just a bit nervous as not used them before as we usually use Post Office.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnroy View Post
    Hi
    Has anyone used them recently to order dollars? They have the best exchange rate that I can see $1.54.
    Not used them. I use Thomas Exchange whose rate today is $1.53 and they have next day special delivery by Royal Mail which costs £6 including insurance. Always found them to be reliable.

Not used Fairfx, but used Thomas Exchange Global. They were OK until things went wrong. They were very rude on the phone and said they don't want to do business with people like me (who complain). I now use CompareHolidayMoney dot com to compare rates and buy from there. Used last year and this year, never a problem. Today's rate 1.5327

Gold 5 Star Member
    Used Fairfx last week, uploaded on my card immediately and will use them again tomorrow or Friday. Handy to have some money that you know is separate from any credit card or debit card as you know it is spending money etc.
    Babblin Boo

Quote Originally Posted by lynnroy View Post
    Hi
    They are fine. Probably one of the best card/rates around.

Both myself and my wife have linked cards just in-case either of us lose one. You are able to transfer the balance from one card to another, so if you did lose one you can transfer the balance to the other card so you still have all your money.

I recently ordered some $ cash and the rate was slightly better, but there is a £6 postage charge for orders under £750 so it could negate the better rate.

Keith

Thanks everyone- its just cash I'm ordering- We have our Post office credit card for shoppin etc but I like cash so I can budget daily.
    We go next Sunday and I was a bit worried about ordering cash and it not turning up

Florida Expert
    I often use Fair FX and if you order by 2pm one day, it will be delivered the next.

Just ordered with Fairfx and got £1.545 - which I thought was excellant- Hope they arrive!!

If I want cash,whether US$ or Euros, I certainly wouldn't use the Post Office. At our local shopping centre there are two money exchanges, Western Union and The Money Shop and there is the Post Office. The Post Office is always at least 10-15 cents less than you can get from the other two. The Post Office Credit card is good, but their exchange rates for cash is even worse than M & S.

Andrena

Florida Expert
    Just caught the tailend of moneybox on radio 4 and they were discussing the prepaid cards. A lot of them see to have charges and these can be all sorts of things all in the t&c (which I am sure a lot of people skim through, if at all). One listener had put a card in the draw for following years holiday and all the money had been debited over the year as a monthly inactivity fee. Not used one before so don't know the ins and outs but check the t&c's to make sure you know what you may or may not be charged. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you didn't know, and if you know all this already never mind [msnwink]

Sorry this maybe in the wrong place [msnembarrased]
    Last edited by sammibabe; 30-06-2012 at 13:52.