Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairly Rotten Really

Florida Chatterbox

Fairly Rotten Really

Saw a report on TV there. Says the weather in Orlando has been terrible and is to remain very wet for another fortnight or so.

Is this an exaggeration? Dont see anything about this on here - apologies if I have missed the threads talking about it.

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Swap it for the weather here in Yorkshire if you wish?
    Graham

I'd rather be in Florida...rain or not.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Very wet in Florida at the moment and likely to last for a while. It looks particularly bad on the Gulf Coast where flooding is predicted this weekend.

I've been in Italy where it's in the 80's under a cloudless sky so, between Yorkshire, Florida and there, guess where I'd choose to be right now?
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 24-06-2012 at 05:13.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is Debby which is causing this rain, they do not know if she will form and then in which direction she will go.

After drought for the last 2 years in Rotonda West and other areas these rains are very much needed.

Lynne

We have been here for almost a fortnight and rain has been forecast virtually everyday but we have had some glorious sunshine as well. Yesterday was the first time we didn't see any sun at all and even then we managed a snooze on the deck under warm but cloudy skies.

Anyone coming to Florida in the summer and not expecting rain is kidding themselves, after all it is the rainy season!
    Yes Debby is having an effect on the weather but it's not all doom and gloom, just typical summer weather for Florida!

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    We are currently in Rotonda and it has been raining with varying degrees of intensity for over 24 hours. Tropical Storm Debby having major impact and all experts watching very closely to see if this is going to become a hurricane.
    [OV]1499[/OV]

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    The rain will hopefully fill up the Lakes. They were very low last year due to the shortage of rain.
    Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    Just been out in the car to Publix and there are Tornado warnings in place for Sarasota, Ellenton and Bradenton and moving Northwards for the next 30 - 45 mins or so. Actually stopped raining in Rotonda for a minute.
    [OV]1499[/OV]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    W returned today and know were I would rather be. Yes we had a fair amount of rain whilst we were there but we have also had some glorious sunshine. The only thing I would say is the weather does seem to be changing everywere, the torrential downpours that are over in half an hour still happen but we also had what I call typical English rain when it rains steadily for several hours. The rain can also be very localised. we have been out and seen no rain but on returning to the villa the roads were awash having obviously had heavy rain. British people are made of sturn stuff when it comes to rain, just get your poncho out and carry on
    Lyn