Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fairly Rotten Really

We have always found October to be a great month for weather.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've been late April to mid May for the past 19 years and always have good weather (this year was terrific) but I avoid June to August. Likewise, late September through to the end of October is usually reliable although there's a slight hurricane risk then.

December to March is too cold and the days are too short for me. It's the Far East then.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 04-06-2013 at 03:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I've been late April to mid May for the past 19 years and always have good weather (this year was terrific) but I avoid June to August. Likewise, late September through to the end of October is usually reliable although there's a slight hurricane risk then.

December to March is too cold and the days are too short for me. It's the Far East then.
    We were in Florida this year, April 20 to May 12 th and had a good first and last week but the middle week was dreadful - lots of heavy rain, all day not just storms and areas north of Orlando had floods. I guess it depends how warm/hot you like it !
    Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    We were in Florida this year, April 20 to May 12 th and had a good first and last week but the middle week was dreadful - lots of heavy rain, all day not just storms and areas north of Orlando had floods. I guess it depends how warm/hot you like it !
    Sue
    Indeed. I actually arrived on 3 May but we were in South Carolina for a few days before that. The weather there was dreadful - very wet and actually quite cold! For the 18 days we were in Florida it didn't rain once.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 04-06-2013 at 06:41.

Would definitely say that October is a great month to go, we went the middle 2 weeks last year and we had 2 very short bursts of rain in the whole 2 weeks we were there, we had a couple of days that were overcast but on the whole great weather. We always go in October and have never had bad weather [msnsmile2]
    Wendy

Florida Chatterbox
    Speaking to a friend today.

She returned from Orlando a couple of days ago. Was there for a fortnight and the weather was terrible.

Have to say, I'm losing trust in Florida. Looking at all the Med resorts, the weather is beautiful.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'd definitely agree that you can be much more trusting of the weather in Europe at this time of year and through to September and that's why I avoid Florida during this period because good weather is key to my enjoyment of everything else. I'm afraid I find the "I know where I'd rather be" position to be very little comfort when I'm on holiday and the weather is poor.

I honestly believe that if the school holidays weren't in July/August then many would choose to stay away from Florida and go April/May & October instead. The fact is they are, so it will no doubt remain popular for all the other things it has to offer but there are certainly much better weather spots in the world at that time.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 16-06-2013 at 04:02.

Mind you the weather is pretty poor in parts of Europe right now. Friends have just returned from Prague and it was flooded, hardly left their hotel. As for Florida we are thankfully not tied ton school holidays so usually go April/May and October/November when the weather s usually pretty good.
    I feel that it is time that schools allowed parents to take children out of school for a maximum of say two weeks out of the main holiday period. After all not everybody can get off work during July and August or at Easter.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    Mind you the weather is pretty poor in parts of Europe right now. Friends have just returned from Prague and it was flooded, hardly left their hotel. As for Florida we are thankfully not tied ton school holidays so usually go April/May and October/November when the weather s usually pretty good.
    I feel that it is time that schools allowed parents to take children out of school for a maximum of say two weeks out of the main holiday period. After all not everybody can get off work during July and August or at Easter.

Andrena
    Andrena
    The law still says the children CAN have a max of 2 weeks off in school year for family holiday "with the schools consent", it's just that many schools are refusing to give consent because of fears over league tables etc. because the children are going to get so far behind etc. which to me is not true. It can be overcome.
    Regarding the weather, my daughtet and son il law went to Venice a couple of weekends ago and got flooded everywhere. They bought the equivalent of the yellow ponchos, in Venice everyone was wearing yellow plastic wellingtons that go over your shoes to keep dry.
    Babblin Boo

Well we returned home from Orlando last week and had mostly good weather very hot with usual afternoon showers. Just he last day when tropical storm Andrea came over when t rained all day.