Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairly Rotten Really

Hope the weather bucks up soon... we go in just over 3 weeks ....
    Wendy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Maybe I'm just in the right place here in SW Florida but the weather here has been pretty good for the last few days. A bit cloudy at times and the threat of a storm is always there but I reckon we've had sunshine more or less since 8 o'clock this morning.

Sat outside eating breakfast at 8am in sunshine then drove up to Sarasota. Hot and sunny all day (had to get the sun block out!) and still over 80F when we arrived back in Rotonda at 7pm.
    Maureen Green

Can I ask what the weather is like in Orlando now ??... we are due to go in a couple of weeks and looking at the 10 day forecast on the BBC for Orlando it doesn't look that good []
    Wendy

Florida Expert
    Can only tell you what Wunderground is telling me 90F, feels like 93F and it is about 4.30 p.m Sunday. I am on the Gulf Coast it has been a gloriously sunny day, just gone a bit cloudy and it is 89f in the shade beside our pool.

It does not rain every day but when it does, it REALLY rains and often for a couple of hours. As you hit October it should get better and I was once told that
    3rd week of October the wind changes 180 degrees from the south/tropics to the north and this is often the case.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch50 View Post
    Can I ask what the weather is like in Orlando now ??... we are due to go in a couple of weeks and looking at the 10 day forecast on the BBC for Orlando it doesn't look that good []
    I think "changeable" would be the best description of the weather at this time of year in Florida. A Clare says, it's hard to know what it's going to be like in the next 10 minutes never mind the next 10 days. I would expect it to settle down a bit by the time you get there but, for sure, it won't be the same every day.

We have been coming to the Gulf Coast for several years in September and this is probably the wettest we have known - some Septembers we have not seen any rain at all. Having said that it has mainly been for an hour late afternoon and not stopped us from doing what we want to do. As Clare said a lovely sunny day to-day. It is 6pm and still 88F so just going to put a couple of steaks on the BBQ and sit by the pool enjoying the evening sunshine.
    Last edited by Mo Green; 24-09-2012 at 16:26.
    Maureen Green

We had frost the other morning in Scotland ...now we have torrential rain which is causing floods due to the really wet summer we had ...happy days...roll on next summer !

At least it is warm in Florida, we have the heating on today, it is a howling gale and lashing rain right now. Roll on Florida in November!!

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    Forecast for the next few days not looking great with lots of cloud around.