Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairly Rotten Really

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I arrived Sunday before Isaac went through the Gulf of Mexico and not got to Florida, it did rain a lot that day. I left Sunday, just gone, and it rained that morning, but apart from that, it was basically showers, We spent a couple of days in waterparks, with one day, a rain cloud came over around 3pm showered for about 2mins, but did clear the crowds out a bit, and another day on gulf, and nice and coloured. One late afternoon is was a great thunderstorm. The temperature has dropped a bit this week, but from what I can see it has been ok with a few showers.

Don't forget what happens sometimes in one area of Davenport say, is not the case in Disney, as on many occasions we have driven through areas and arrived at Disney at not one drop of rain all day. sometimes it is also a good time to visit parks, as the queues are not so long.
    CERI

Quote Originally Posted by Clare R View Post
    Two hour thunderstorm from just after 4 p.m on Friday, 14th September as we were at St. Armand's Circle in Sarasota.

Despite that the programmed free concert took place as planned outside the Van Wezel theatre starting soon after 6 p.m
    The weather seems so localised. I left Sarasota at 3.30pm Friday afternoon driving back to Rotonda West in glorious sunshine and never saw any sign of rain. Apparently not a drop of rain fell in Rotonda all day.
    Maureen Green

That's very true....current conditions show rain in Kissimmee, but I'm looking at glorious sunshine on our CCTV live feed.

September is still the wet season in Florida but the weather can be so localised on the Gulf Coast that it can be pouring with rain at one point but a few miles down the road it is bright sunshine. We have been in Rotonda West for 2 weeks and seen very little rain in that time - about 3 really heavy showers that last for a half and hour although last night there was a thunderstorm with torrential rain which must have lasted for an hour. Mixed cloud and sun today with temperatures of 88F. So different from the UK where rain usually stays around all day and bring cooler temperatures.
    Maureen Green

Today has been better than the last 3 days. It has only just started raining at 3.00pm which suited me very well as I am now getting ready for my 8.15pm BA flight to Gatwick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Today has been better than the last 3 days. It has only just started raining at 3.00pm which suited me very well as I am now getting ready for my 8.15pm BA flight to Gatwick!!!
    Have a safe trip - and keep dome warm clothes handy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Green View Post
    September is still the wet season in Florida but the weather can be so localised on the Gulf Coast that it can be pouring with rain at one point but a few miles down the road it is bright sunshine.
    It's a very strange sight when you can be sitting around a pool in hot sunshine and look in one direction and see clear blue skies but look the other way and see black storm clouds and heavy rain. It's looked like rain all day here but, so far, there hasn't been any. Of course, in 5 minutes times we could be under a thunderstorm or lying round in 90 degrees of sun.

Florida Expert
    Don't know where you are on the Gulf Coast KG but in Rotonda it has been a humdinger of a storm since 2.15 and it is now 4.15 and going strong!
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm on Sanibel but I was up near Punta Gorda around 2 o'clock and it looked imminent. Don't think it will be long before we see the storm down here if the sky is any indication.

EDIT - absolutely chucking it down now!!
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 16-09-2012 at 21:50.

Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    Have a safe trip - and keep dome warm clothes handy
    Thank you Carol. Did not need warm clothes...temperatures 70 degrees and has been like it for a few days so I am told with sunshine the rest of the week. When the train went past Dawlish there were lots of people paddling!!!

I am trying to stay awake until later to get back into a normal routine....