Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairly Rotten Really

Just looked at our CCTV Cameras and boy is it raining, but it doesn't usually last too long and at least it is warm.

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox
    Yep chucking it own here, as all day, tomorrow and Tuesday looking like a washout. Tornado warnings in lake county and surrounding areas.. Our pool up by a good 2 inches and counting, the estate lake looking better than it has for months. Chances of us being out on our rounds doing our Monday's lawn service... About zilch... Sitting in watching the England match.. Equally as depressing lol... Gwen

As it seems to have rained on and off for most of "flaming" June here in Berkshire, and I know parts of the UK have had the most awful weather - floods etc. it appears that the weather is all over the place everywhere. I agree I'd rather be in a warmer climate - can't keep up with the freezing evenings, piling on the jumpers and then warming up for a few days and then downpours, absolutely bonkers. Still our grass has never looked healthier, and the we redid our front garden last year (at home) and the roses, climbers and perennials are just glorious.
    Fiona

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Sorry Lyn

Poncho!!!!![msnsmile2] "Never" I don't get why anyone would want to put a plastic bag over themselves[msnoo] especially when its still so hot & humid.

In Islands Of Adventure a couple of weeks ago. Saw a counter service area "giving" away large plastic bags. People tearing a hole in the top and putting them on.
    Very sad. Especially the parent who covered a buggy (without the hole), do they not want the kids to breathe??

It will never rain enough for us to wear a poncho. Were from the Lake District, it rains here quite a lot. [msnwink]
    mike

wrpac00
    We are 5 miles west of Disney and it has been raining since about 3:30am.

The lakes on our community have gone up by 3ft since we arrived on the 3rd June.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by freddiehollie View Post
    Sorry Lyn

Poncho!!!!![msnsmile2] "Never" I don't get why anyone would want to put a plastic bag over themselves[msnoo] especially when its still so hot & humid.

In Islands Of Adventure a couple of weeks ago. Saw a counter service area "giving" away large plastic bags. People tearing a hole in the top and putting them on.
    Very sad. Especially the parent who covered a buggy (without the hole), do they not want the kids to breathe??

It will never rain enough for us to wear a poncho. Were from the Lake District, it rains here quite a lot. [msnwink]
    I actually agree with you Mike normally I would never wear a poncho but whilst we were at Sea World in Shamu Stadium, we were waiting for the last show, and the heavens opened and it just did not stop they cancelled the show, we had to leave the stadium and make our way all the way across the park and the parking lot to get to our car. We had no coats no brolly so for the first time in years we resorted to buying ponchos. After this I went to Walmart and bought a large umbrella, it was the best thing for keeping dry it never rained when I was carrying it!!
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    For sure I would rather be in Florida than here but that's not really the comparison is it? We were there for three weeks last June and the sky was blue almost all day every day. Temperatures were consistently in the upper 90s - absolutely fantastic weather. Must be very disappointing for people who have saved up long and hard and are there for this.

Thinking back, a couple of years ago (maybe three) we were there for three weeks (last week in May, first fortnight in June). Again, the weather was really bad with low clouds and rain, day after day. We probably had one week of really good weather, two weeks of poor.

BTW, am I the only one struggling with the site? Very difficult to see the normal structure, getting directed to something like 'Activity Stream' where you seem to only see recent posts. Can't see the usual layout with sections, threads and posts. May be a browser issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post

Thinking back, a couple of years ago (maybe three) we were there for three weeks (last week in May, first fortnight in June). Again, the weather was really bad with low clouds and rain, day after day. We probably had one week of really good weather, two weeks
    I think that must have been 2008 as we have been here the last 3 years at this time and had glorious weather.
    In 2008 we went to Mauritius instead thinking it would be winter there and we would avoid the summer monsoons. Guess what, it rained!! Where ever you go good weather is not guaranteed.

I agree though, God willing we will be lucky enough to come again and the weather will be good and it is a shame for those families who have saved all year for their holiday, that said, there is much more to do here when it rains than if say you have taken a beach holiday to Spain, Greece.........or Mauritius!

Yesterday people were still out and about having fun, the outlet malls were doing a roaring trade and despite the rain I did need my sunglasses a couple of times

Liz

Florida Expert
    I have been here since the 15th and the first week was great but then the rain came, Sunday was quite a bad day for the rain but it seems to be clearing up a bit now. Debby seems to be moving very slow and thats why the rain is prolonged at times. I go home today and despite the weather i could do with staying another couple of weeks because as we all know the sunshine will be back.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    BTW, am I the only one struggling with the site? Very difficult to see the normal structure, getting directed to something like 'Activity Stream' where you seem to only see recent posts. Can't see the usual layout with sections, threads and posts. May be a browser issue.
    I have been struggling with this as well, I thought I had pressed something, I can't seem to get back for the forum home page, I just seem to get this Activity Stream ...
    Wendy