Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Walgreens to come to the UK!!

Super Moderator

Walgreens to come to the UK!!

It has just been announced that Walgreens are going to purchase a 45% share of Boots with the option to purchase the remaining 55% in 2015 so will this make a difference to Boots or will we later see CVS also trying to come here!

I wonder if that will make a difference to our generous points as they have one of the best customer cards there is. Presumably though mass buying of products will bring purchase price down for them, may be able to offer better prices, or just more profits. Shame to see another Brit company go US ownership.
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    Boots ' base themselves in Switzerland for tax purposes and they had already merged with Alliance Unichem
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Wonder if they will start selling beer and wine, I was just saying to Andy last night only here could you get as bottle of budwesier to wash down your Tylenol in a chemist!
    CDV

Not to mention the cigarettes for afterwards!

I'm surprised they don't have them positioned beside the smoking cessation products for a bit of linked merchandising.
    Euan

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveandJan View Post
    Boots ' base themselves in Switzerland for tax purposes and they had already merged with Alliance Unichem
    I know they were not the old 'Boots' based in Nottingham and was not surprised when they 'moved' to Switzerland to save tax (it was reported recently how much they had saved). Pity the staff that have to use the staff car park in Beeston as Alliance Boots pass on most of the charge by Nottingham Council (up to £288 + VAT) onto the staff in an effort to save even more.

Florida Chatterbox
    I've worked for the company for 30 years and have seen a lot of changes over the years Whatever would old Jessie Boot have thought?
    Margaret

Florida Chatterbox
    And the original Cadbury family!
    Hazel.

Gosh this is all sad, none of the old companies are surviving in their old format are they?
    Fiona