Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Tampa pickup point?

Tampa pickup point?

My son & daughter have decided to tag along albeit a day later. They are saving in the region of £80 each by flying British Airways to Tampa and returning on same flights as us from MCO. Downside is I have to travel to Tampa to pick them up. Can anyone advise where the best (easiest to find driving) place to pick them up? Any pointers when driving to Tampa airport as I've never been there before.

Florida Expert
    Tampa airport has a large Cell Phone Waiting Lot where you sit as if in a Drive-In Cinema looking up at the screen with arrival details. Obviously you wil have to give your relatives time to clear customs and immigration but you then just follow the usual signs to arrivals area of the relative airline - the airport is divided into a Red area and Blue area depending on the airline but it will be very easy to find.

I had to collect my husband from Tampa one trip, got it a bit wrong so just drove out of the airport and back in again, there is not the hustle and bustle of MCO !
    Clare R

Super Moderator
    British Airways use the Red area but if you google Tampa airport they will probably have a map which shows the roads and car parks.

I collected hubby from Tampa for the first time this week. It is a relatively small airport and we met at car rental desk so we could add him to insurance. Very easy to find. You can pull in alongside car rental building but there is plenty of short term parking which is free under 60 mins. We parked up, met up visited car rental and were still out of airport within 20 mins.
    on the downside the traffic from the end of I4 both directions to airport turn off was horrendous, in fairness it was Fri T time but allow yourself plenty of time.
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 19-06-2012 at 12:10. Reason: Adding to post

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    As a resident of Tampa, I am so glad we have our own airport, which is so easy to get to, directly off the 275. If driving from the Orlando direction, then it is a bit like spaghetti junction, but the quick tip is to get into the right hand lane of 275 by the time you get to the Westshore Plaza turn off (after Lois Ave), and stay in the right hand lane and you will be in the correct lane into the airport. Stay left, and the long term, short term parking lots as well as car hire return are all at the first main turning left as you enter the main airport area.
    Before that is the cell phone parking lot just after the Clearwater junction, again on your left.