Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're back!!!

Florida Chatterbox

We're back!!!

Hello people,

Long time no see....

Having kept half an eye on the forum over the last year or so it's that time again! We are planning Florida 2013 and bringing some first timers with us.

Last years burglary has not put us off Florida. Insurance claim was a long, drawn out affair but settled in the end and whilst still losing out on the values, didn't do that bad i don't think.

I have already done my search for villas on OV and there's one or two 6&7 bedroom ones that have caught the eye, just mulling over going gated community after last years trouble or whether to try and forget that and just make sure we're alarmed etc... on a non gated community.

Flights will be with Virgin using Miles plus Money (yes i have been seriously collecting miles)

Parks is a grey area as we have been 3 times in the last 4 years, we might not necessarily do the things our friends want to do but it'll work itself out i'm sure.

So, i look forward to interracting with you all again and start the countdown for October 2013!
    Garry Pullan

Welcome back Garry - it doesn't seem so long ago we were reading about your last trip, looking forward to this one.
    Dawn Murray

Super Moderator
    Nice to see your previous experience has not put you off and you are going back next year.

If you do not want to go to the parks there are so many other fabulous places to visit in Florida that you can all have a great time.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gpullan View Post
    Hello people,

Long time no see....

Having kept half an eye on the forum over the last year or so it's that time again! We are planning Florida 2013 and bringing some first timers with us.

Last years burglary has not put us off Florida. Insurance claim was a long, drawn out affair but settled in the end and whilst still losing out on the values, didn't do that bad i don't think.

I have already done my search for villas on OV and there's one or two 6&7 bedroom ones that have caught the eye, just mulling over going gated community after last years trouble or whether to try and forget that and just make sure we're alarmed etc... on a non gated community.

Flights will be with Virgin using Miles plus Money (yes i have been seriously collecting miles)

Parks is a grey area as we have been 3 times in the last 4 years, we might not necessarily do the things our friends want to do but it'll work itself out i'm sure.

So, i look forward to interracting with you all again and start the countdown for October 2013!
    Welcome back Garry and have fun planning the next trip. What I would suggest is to get 2 cars so if you and your friends want to do things then you can split into groups or if the wives wnt to shop etc. gives a lot more flexibility. Whilst it may mean double car park charge if you are going to the park it is well worth it (or take 2 cars to the park, drop evrybody off and then the 2 drivers can take 1 car to Downtown Disney and park for free and then both drivers ger in one car to go back to the park.
    Babblin Boo

Hi Gary
    Welcome back- really glad you've not let last year put you off, I felt so bad for you and your family it must have been awful.

We just getting geared up for probably our last visit for a good few years- only 19 sleeps till we go- going with my cousin and her family so our daughter will have kids to play for for the first time which I am sure will take a lot of pressure off us to entertain her!

We're staying in Emerald Island which is gated and we also stayed there last year and it was fab

Gold 5 Star Member
    Welcome back Garry and glad to hear you're returning.
    Jan&Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    Welcome back Gary and nice to see that you have not let the last experience affected you and that you are taking others to experience the magic of Florida. Well done.

Also I'm reading on this forum and others of many people planning their last holiday to the magical place, what a shame. I hope to never stop.

Florida Expert
    Welcome back Gary, we took first timers with us in April for 16 nights, they can't wait to go back now!!! We have 132 days to our next visit, roll on it seems to take for ever
    Eric

Welcome home Gary lol... some of us still around... my next trip wont be until later next year, even thats debatable depending on surgery i'm waiting for,

enjoy your planning if we can help regarding 'gated communties' just pm glad the last trip hasnt put u off x
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for your replies everyone. Definitely not put off by the events last year although it is our friends that pushed us in to looking at October 2013.

Undecided on gated or not and whether to get a villa a bit closer to everything than Highlands Reserve was. Plenty of time to decide.

We need 6/7 bedrooms so our choice is pretty limited, might be even more limited as I want to book the flights first when they are released in November. Will just have to wait and see come November when it's villa booking time. I've got my eye on one well known villa so will see if available.

Our friends want to do 'everything' obviously so we will be trawling the parks probably 11 out of the 17 dys we are looking at going for. Actually, a question: are villa owners ok with renting for split weeks I.e. 17 nights??

Discovery Cove is high on their wish list which I'm never oing to argue with, although our lot might not do the dolphin swim this time.

Looking forward to planning but not the amount of days on the countdown! I'll start that once lights and villa are booked.
    Garry Pullan