Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Intermediate at Tampa (TPA)

Florida Savvy

Question Intermediate at Tampa (TPA)

Hi we have book our intermediate with the link above and Roger as normal but this is the first time we are flying into TPA instead of MCO. Just had a few questions I wondered if anyone can answer. The first is we have booked intermediate with Alamo and it says Vauxhall Vectra equivalent and then under lists Toyota Corolla which I always thought was smaller, are their Corollas bigger than ours? The other question is has anyone flown into TPA lately and can tell me what sort of choice was available at ALamo intermediate and does it work the same way as MCO by chosing from a long row of cars?
    Thanks for all your time.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Can confirm you choose your own car but can't tell you what is on offer
    Christine

March 15th about 5pm. Alamo @ Tampa had a grand choice of 4 cars in the "intermediate" pound....
    3 Dodge Avengers & a Kia Soul(less) [V]

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    March 15th about 5pm. Alamo @ Tampa had a grand choice of 4 cars in the "intermediate" pound....
    3 Dodge Avengers & a Kia Soul(less) [V]
    Which did you go for and how was it?

The corolla in UK has been replaced with the Auris about 5 years ago and is a different car to the US Corolla. Unless the newer models are bigger then they will be on par with the booted Ford Focus. But I have heard that the rental companies have re-classed some cars due to the amount of spec they now have.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Florida2009 View Post
    The first is we have booked intermediate with Alamo and it says Vauxhall Vectra equivalent and then under lists Toyota Corolla which I always thought was smaller, are their Corollas bigger than ours?

Had to go for the Kia as we needed to replace a door & it was the only vehicle it would (just !!) fit in....
    Really & truthfully, we really need to hire a small pickup [] rather than a car when we are there, but have never found a supplier...
    On the road, it was actually pretty good (& very economical) apart from a disturbing tendency to be sucked into the side of trucks when passing !!!

Florida Expert
    The pick up worked well for us in Tampa and we were offered an upgraded row to choose from.