Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: us airways

us airways

Have just done the us airways flight via Charlotte to Orlando and have to say was very impressed with the journey.

Anyone struggling with high prices during uk holidays should give them a go. We paid £530 each instead of £830 virgin wanted.

Plane was new, new touch screen ent system with on demand style movies. Good food, reasonable seats (economy). Stop over was 2 hours both ways and clearing customs took us 10 min. As the airport is mainly us airways the whole operation was very slick.

Overall a great way to get to Orlando if on a budget and don't mind a quick change of plane. Certainly a far better option than going via new York.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Pleased to read this, we are travelling with US Airways in September. Have a longer stopover on the way back, 5 hours, hoping to leave airport and have a meal in Charlotte.
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We have done US Airways, Manchester-Philadelphia-Orlando numerous times now. Just back last Sunday[msnsad]
    Never a problem, great service & last 5 flights the newer Airbus A330[msnsmile2]

We would recommend it as we think Philly Airport is great to pass the 2/3 hours between our flights & the money saved from the Virgin prices "more" than makes up for the stop.
    mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have flown with them a couple of times and always been happy with the service.
    Jan&Steve

Florida Expert
    Have also done this a couple of times when they flew from Birmingham. Living near to Birmingham airport the time saved travelling to Manchester or Gatwick was evened out by the stop over. The cost saving was also welcome both in terms of the flight, travel costs, car parking, extra food etc. Service was excellent throughout and the biggest plus was customs clearance. That saves an hour when you get to MCO and I am sure we got our bags quicker!
    Steve

Brilliant, glad you said this! We are using US Airways from Dublin>Charlotte>Orlando and I heard about the planes not having any personal tvs built into the back of the seats. Not that I mind anyway all I care about it getting to Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by freddiehollie View Post
    We have done US Airways, Manchester-Philadelphia-Orlando numerous times now. Just back last Sunday[msnsad]
    Never a problem, great service & last 5 flights the newer Airbus A330[msnsmile2]

We would recommend it as we think Philly Airport is great to pass the 2/3 hours between our flights & the money saved from the Virgin prices "more" than makes up for the stop.
    It's our route of choice these days for Orlando. We flew Virgin to Orlando at Christmas this year and everyone agreed, having done the US Airways route via PHL for four or five trips previously, that we would always use this route for future trips ahead of the direct Virgin flight. The break happens at just the right time in the journey, PHL airport is quite a pleasant place to spend time, (compared to most), and the entertainment system on US Airways is definitely better than Virgin's. And it's cheaper than Virgin. And the crew are friendlier.

So we're going MAN-PHL-RSW next month, and MAN-PHL-MCO at christmas. Looking forward to trying the new A330.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    It's our route of choice these days for Orlando. We flew Virgin to Orlando at Christmas this year and everyone agreed, having done the US Airways route via PHL for four or five trips previously, that we would always use this route for future trips ahead of the direct Virgin flight. The break happens at just the right time in the journey, PHL airport is quite a pleasant place to spend time, (compared to most), and the entertainment system on US Airways is definitely better than Virgin's. And it's cheaper than Virgin. And the crew are friendlier.

So we're going MAN-PHL-RSW next month, and MAN-PHL-MCO at christmas. Looking forward to trying the new A330.
    Hi Tonish

I think the newer A330 also has a little more leg-room. I'm 6ft & on the older A330 my knees touched the seat in front, so when it was reclined I had to sit on a slight angle, but didn't have to do that on the newer plane[clap]

Also don't forget US Airways baggage allowance is better than Virgins.

I cannot believe how Virgins service quality (from Manchester) has been eroded over recent years. Getting more & more like a budget airline (without budget prices) every day. Wake up Virgin!!!!
    mike

Florida Junior
    Hi lfc george,
    We are doing the same route, do you have a quick changeover at Charlotte, ours is only just over an hour. Have you spoken to anyone who has done this route before, this is also a first for us with us airways.
    Many thanks
    Last edited by belfastbob; 14-06-2012 at 23:03.

Hi lfc george and Belfast bob,

we're flying Dublin-Philly-Orlando and Orlando - Charlotte -dublin leaving on Tuesday week. I'll let you know how it goes

Judy