Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: us airways

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    It's our route of choice these days for Orlando. We flew Virgin to Orlando at Christmas this year and everyone agreed, having done the US Airways route via PHL for four or five trips previously, that we would always use this route for future trips ahead of the direct Virgin flight. The break happens at just the right time in the journey, PHL airport is quite a pleasant place to spend time, (compared to most), and the entertainment system on US Airways is definitely better than Virgin's. And it's cheaper than Virgin. And the crew are friendlier.

So we're going MAN-PHL-RSW next month, and MAN-PHL-MCO at christmas. Looking forward to trying the new A330.
    Hi Tonish,

we are flying Man-Philly-Orlando in october. We have never flown scheduled with a stop before and would be interested in the sequence of events between landing and taking off in Philly. I'm sure it's straightforward but we have never done it before.

Thanks...Richard and Jayne

We love this route. Infact we are going on Sunday and then again in August. Their Dividend miles programme is worth joining too.

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by berrysmiles View Post
    Hi lfc george and Belfast bob,

we're flying Dublin-Philly-Orlando and Orlando - Charlotte -dublin leaving on Tuesday week. I'll let you know how it goes

Judy
    thank you, looking forward to hearing from you. Enjoy your trip!

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richardandjayne View Post
    Hi Tonish,

we are flying Man-Philly-Orlando in october. We have never flown scheduled with a stop before and would be interested in the sequence of events between landing and taking off in Philly. I'm sure it's straightforward but we have never done it before.

Thanks...Richard and Jayne
    Hi Richard & Jane

You will land at terminal A. Follow signs to immigration 3/4 min walk. Once cleared collect bags from carousel. Exit right & head to security, on the way you will recheck hold baggage for flight to MCO, (simple procedure, you will be directed to MCO line & just hand bags over, they have already been tagged). Clear security with cabin bags.
    After there turn left & head to main internal departure gates (we have always been A or B gates again 5/6 min walk) if you have time between flights, after Gates B there is the food court on the left. If not you can pick up snacks & drinks as you go to Gate.
    We have always had the 2hour stop, with no problems as (for us so far) we have flown from the nearest gates to the international gates.
    On return from MCO your bags will be taken at MCO & returned at Manchester. So the change over on return is even simpler.
    Don't forget, 23kg hold baggage each & 18kg Cabin Baggage each (as long as they meet the dimensions) $70 charge for second checked bag.

Have a great time, I'm sure you all will.
    mike

We were very impressed with this airline. After hearing horror stories I was nervous, but they pulled it out really. The new a330 is great. Even economy has nice large leather seats. Pitch was not too shabby either.

For me the experience of getting a full large size can of fizzy drink was really nice as I always get off flight de hydrated. I even went to the galley and they gave me another with some nibbles.

Will def do this route again.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Quote Originally Posted by belfastbob View Post
    thank you, looking forward to hearing from you. Enjoy your trip!
    Can't wait Bob - this is going to be the longest week

Judy

Quote Originally Posted by belfastbob View Post
    Hi lfc george,
    We are doing the same route, do you have a quick changeover at Charlotte, ours is only just over an hour. Have you spoken to anyone who has done this route before, this is also a first for us with us airways.
    Many thanks
    Hi Bob. Yes we have the same 1 hour quick changeover at Charlotte, lots of good comments on here about the route. Last time we done Belfast>Newark, NJ>Orlando with some long changeover waits

Quote Originally Posted by berrysmiles View Post
    Hi lfc george and Belfast bob,

we're flying Dublin-Philly-Orlando and Orlando - Charlotte -dublin leaving on Tuesday week. I'll let you know how it goes

Judy
    Thanks Judy I look forward to hearing from you, have a brill time!
    Last edited by LFCGeorge; 17-06-2012 at 11:51.

Florida Newbie
    Have flown a few times with US Airways out of Gla - philly - mco, we have never had a bad trip with them, infact the last time one of the cabin crew sat beside us for about 30 mins and asked us where we had been in the states and is now going to holiday in Colorado after hearing our stories. Philly is a nice clean airport and the stop over allows you to stretch your legs and have a toilet stop

Anyone had a long stop at Charlotte on the journey home? We have 5 hours layover and hoping to leave airport and have a meal and stretch of legs in town.
    Jan

We arrived at Gatwick at 7.00am yesterday to check in to our 10.00am flight only to be told that the plane was still in Charlotte and they had no idea if or when it was going to leave there.
    US Airways transferred our family on to Virgin 27 and we left at 11.15 arriving MCO at 3.30pm. On the departure board it look like the US733 was eventually due to leave at around 16.15pm.
    Can not fault the service we received so well done US Airways.