Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Hotels in Miami

Florida Junior

Cool Hotels in Miami

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere....Can anyone recommend a nice/reasonable hotel in Miami for an over night? There are 7 of us travelling and although 4 of us drive we only have one main driver(due to others being too nervous to drive) we thought after 8 visits it was time we visited Miami but don't want my hubby being exhausted from the drive. Any advice would be great!....8 sleeps!!!!
    melanie morrison

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Melanie,

We've stayed at Miami Beach before. IMHO it's a better location than downtown Miami. It's tough to recommend a specific place as we've never stayed in Miami as a group of 7; but if you search for Miami Beach in your favourite hotel booking website I'm sure you'll see dozens of good options.

If you want another alternative, consider looking south of Miami at the Keys. We've got three nights this summer down in Miami so we're staying at Key Largo. It's a bit more chilled than Miami or Miami Beach. I'm not sure if it would be a great fit for you with having only one driver as it's about 1hr 15mins back up to Miami Downtown.

I guess it depends on which over-night you are looking at. If you are flying into Miami and then heading up to Orlando I think personally I'd look at Miami Beach. If you are driving Orlando to Miami and then staying overnight before your flight home I'd consider the Keys.
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    Is the day in Miami at the beginning, end or during your holiday? My recommendations would be different depending upon which of those it is.

Florida Junior
    Hi Snapper,

We did consider the Keys but had heard very mixed reviews about it? Our eldest daughter(20) is desperate to visit Miami and after 8 visits to Florida thought it was about time we actually did it! Thanks for your advice, we had looked on web and seen quite a few nice ones but thought I'd ask the very knowledgeable and helpful people on here just incase we were missing something.
    melanie morrison

Florida Junior
    Hi Katys Grandad (fab user name!) We are going to be in Florida for for 6 and a half weeks (some of the party just there for 3weeks/4weeks) so we would be visiting during our holiday
    melanie morrison

Florida Newbie
    Just be careful when you are going as the NBA finals are taking place at the moment between the Heat and Thunder up until the end of June, so every few days they will be in Miami so I would get a hotel booked up soon

Florida Junior
    Oh I didn't know that!! thankyou so much loopyg!!
    melanie morrison

Hi Mel,

Not sure if you have already booked your Miami hotel but we stayed at the Conrad Hilton when we went and loved it. The views are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere....Can anyone recommend a nice/reasonable hotel in Miami for an over night? There are 7 of us travelling and although 4 of us drive we only have one main driver(due to others being too nervous to drive) we thought after 8 visits it was time we visited Miami but don't want my hubby being exhausted from the drive. Any advice would be great!....8 sleeps!!!!
    Last edited by Jill; 18-06-2012 at 20:59.
    Linda

Florida Junior
    Thankyou burtoni, we haven't booked yet and will defo look into this thankyou again!
    melanie morrison

Florida Savvy
    we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites ,Miami West at Doral Blvd. It was an ideal location for 1 night & only 10 mins from the airport.