Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Credit card swipe ?

Florida Newbie

Credit card swipe ?

I've already payed deposit and have booked an int' suv with Alamo but I'm worried about what credit card will be used on picking up car at MCO as I've always had to have a credit card swiped at the rental desk but would like to use the automatic kiosks,I've used my debit card to pay deposit and balance will be automatically payed from it my debit card is a visa debit,any help would be appreciated

I don't think they can hold against a debit card - from experience think you have to use a credit card but it does not have to be the same card as you used to make the initial payment. My sister had problems in Ireland as they booked and paid for their car hire in the UK on a debit card but when they went to pick it up they required a credit card - which they do not have. Eventually they did accept her debit card but they charged it with around 750 euro and then refunded the 750 euro back onto the card when they returned the car but with the difference in buy and sell rates, and movement in the exchange rate, they got back about £100 less then was originally charged!

Not eve sure they would do this in the US - they only deal in dollars!!!!!!

Florida Chatterbox
    I believe that a VISA debit card will be OK.

Just remember that they will place a "hold" on the money - so you can't spend it!! Sometimes it is for 10 days aftyer you come back - happened to one of our recent guests....I had to pay there parking charge when they got back!! So ask questions at both ends.

Florida Newbie
    I have emailed Alamo requarding this matter and they have said that you can use a visa debt card if needed. In the past we have never had to swipe a card but i beleave thing have changed now

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the info everybody,I do have a major credit card which I would like to use as security deposit at Alamo check in,major concern is that I don't want to use the debit card I used to pay for rental as has been previously said the money will be locked in,I do want to use the auto kiosk to make a speedier check in so how do I use my credit card for security deposit without going to "normal" check in desk and swiping as normal if that is possible,boy am I confused [?][drinkbeer]

Florida Newbie
    Well told you I was confused,just taken a look at "view/amend" order and I can update card used to book car so can change from debit to credit card.eazy peezy job done thanks all [clap]