Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Hours to Amuse Ourselves @ Sanford

10 Hours to Amuse Ourselves @ Sanford

Just getting up here in Florida, need to vacate the villa by 10.00, check in at Sanford at 12.50, and have read on Manchester Airport's Live Info that our flight MON304 has an estimated 10 hour delay!

Terrific. I may find time to write some more trip reports I suppose

I can't imagine Sanford having much in the way of things to do. Oh well, we'll have a pack of cards.
    Dave.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Ouch! That's not nice.

Do you still have access to a car as I'd be thinking of heading off somewhere like Altamonte Mall area for a nice final meal and keeping check on the flight times on my iPhone just in case we need to get back to the airport pronto. Love the Bahama Breeze there as it's not full of tourists and you can easily get a table without a wait.

Sadly the car hire terminates at 1300, so it's airport food for us! There are 11 of us so we'll find ways to amuse ourselves. Bahama Breeze sounds good though, maybe next trip
    Dave.

If I rember correctly there is a shopping mall in the area. Check in nline, drop bags, taxi there and back to the mall.

Rather confusingly, I've just checked Sanford's Live Flight Info and it reckon's both the incoming from Manchester and outgoing to Manchester (our flight) to be on time. As the incoming from Manchester has not yet, according to Manchester Airport's Live Flight Info, left the ground, and is therefore already 5 hours late, then one of them must be wrong.
    Dave.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I just looked at Machesters departures and the incoming flight has definately not left - it says more information at 17:00
    Christine

Try and get yourself booked in to the royal palm lounge will worth the money if you have a big delay.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know that to some extent you don't have a lot of options, be aware that once you've entered airside it is very difficult to get back out. Essentially what I'm saying is that it might be better not go through until you have a clearer idea what the delay situation is (assuming they'll allow you to anyway).

I was once delayed on an international flight leaving the US until the early hours of the morning and when it became clear that we weren't going to leave that night, we were stuck airside until the Immigration staff came to work later that morning. One of the most unpleasant nights of my life.

(Might be worth checking if your travel insurance covers a delay like that as well)
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 09-06-2012 at 14:30.

Florida Expert
    Hi Dave,
    what a downer after two weeks, we never want to come home but when it's time then all you want is to get home as quickly as possible. We have had 24 hour delay twice in the past with Airtours, it was a nightmare.They took us to a hotel and fed us but it's not the same.
    I hope it is not too long for you.
    Eric