Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been to Florida twice but never been to Disney :o

Been to Florida twice but never been to Disney :o

I didn't know where exactly to put this so I stuck it in the Epcot part

But yeah, like the title says I have never been to Disney and it's the only park(s) in Florida I never been too, we always went to Universal/Busch Gardens/IOA/SeaWorld etc, we love the thrill rides, every rollercoaster that the parks have to offer and we love all the animated rides like The Simpsons/Forbidden Journey/Spiderman and the water rides too. It's not all about the rides though, Busch Gardens is brilliant for the animals it has on view, SeaWorld is great for Shamu and Universal have the New York themed areas of the park as IOA host Harry Potter which makes for lots of great photos!

I do want to visit Disney but because I have been to all the other parks it's easy for me to decide because I have been to the other parks and they are simply great!

What's your views on Disney? Best park for rides/things to see etc
    Best tickets to buy maybe 1-2 days without overspending

I like all the Disney Parks but with 2 days you will be limited. I would go for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. For tickets there sre no discounts on 1-2 days, you can buy from us (see link at the top) with a surcharge, well worth doing as it saves up to 90 mintues queing at the booths.
    if you can stretch to 4 days get a 4 day base ticket and do each of the 4 parks.

Quote Originally Posted by LFCGeorge View Post
    I didn't know where exactly to put this so I stuck it in the Epcot part

But yeah, like the title says I have never been to Disney and it's the only park(s) in Florida I never been too, we always went to Universal/Busch Gardens/IOA/SeaWorld etc, we love the thrill rides, every rollercoaster that the parks have to offer and we love all the animated rides like The Simpsons/Forbidden Journey/Spiderman and the water rides too. It's not all about the rides though, Busch Gardens is brilliant for the animals it has on view, SeaWorld is great for Shamu and Universal have the New York themed areas of the park as IOA host Harry Potter which makes for lots of great photos!

I do want to visit Disney but because I have been to all the other parks it's easy for me to decide because I have been to the other parks and they are simply great!

What's your views on Disney? Best park for rides/things to see etc
    Best tickets to buy maybe 1-2 days without overspending

Disney have a few unique "thrill" rides you really shouldn't miss:
    Test track & Mission Space in Epcot, Everest in Animal Kingdom, Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios are all worth a visit.
    Must admit most rides Disney are tame compared to Universal - aimed at a different audience.
    Disney fireworks at Magic Kingdom & Epcot are outstanding !!!!!
    Nearly forgot the most terrifying ride of all time : "It's a Small World" [msnwink] [msnwink]

Thanks! I heard bad things about that Mission Space ride, the tower of terror looks good (I think thats what it is called)

You have me wondering about it's a small world o_O

My top 2 are Animal Kingdom, Expedition Everest is a good coaster, the shows are excellent along with the 3D movies. I also love Hollywood studios, love rock n roller coaster, hate tower of terror - had me screeming for my Mum! Love Fantasmic - well worth seeing. Had some very entertaining meals in Disneys Prime Time Cafe - worth a visit if you have a good sense of humour.
    Diane.

Disney is not all about the rides, it's the whole experience. I think you need 3 days. Do magic Kingdom first, then Hollywood, then Epcot. Enjoy them all on their merits, and try to fit in one of the wonderfully themed water parks- blizzard beach sounds more 'you'
    Last edited by Susan J; 08-06-2012 at 20:01. Reason: Typo

Sounds great, thanks guys! Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    Disney have a few unique "thrill" rides you really shouldn't miss:
    Nearly forgot the most terrifying ride of all time : "It's a Small World" [msnwink] [msnwink]
    What you saying???? It's a Small World is the highlight of my holiday - almost forgotten the tune from the last time we went (about 4 years now since the family allowed me to indulge my MK fixation) but it's on the agenda for this summer so I can get the tune straight in my head again (la la la la la la la la la laaaaa!!) !
    Alison and Danny

Ah Ha......
    Only ALMOST forgotten that terrible ditty.....
    I reckon that it's like the shower scene in "Psycho" - only far worse !!!
    Once seen (listened to) NEVER EVER forgotten.
    To ANYONE (over 4) brave enough to venture onto "It's a Small World", take a tip out of 'Ello 'Ello & fill you ears with cheese []

My son-in-law just loves It's a Small Small World.

Andrena