Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dad's Taxi's Biggest Fare - Part 5

Dad's Taxi's Biggest Fare - Part 5

Having had three early starts at Parks, we change tactics to give ourselves a chance of watching the evening shows without falling asleep before they finish.

We have a lazy start to the day by the pool, skype the family back home to let them know just how hot and sunny it is, then head to Cici’s Pizza for lunch. It’s not the classiest of places, but with 11 of us stuffing ourselves for $64 I reckon it’s a bargain. And where else can you eat macaroni cheese pizza?

Suitably fed, we head up to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It’s not too busy today, and we plan our day around the times of shows, starting with the parade

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parade.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	362

which is called Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun. I’m a big fan of the Pixar films, so I’m quite taken by the line-up, especially the gorgeous Mrs Incredible

Name:	Mrs_Incredible.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	363

After Woody has waved us goodbye, we scoot off to Tower of Terror

Name:	tower_terror.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	365

For the kids to scare themselves whilst we wonderful thoughtful parents get them fast passes for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.

Suitably terrified, the kids find us and we are just in time for a Beauty and the Beast show

Name:	beauty-beast.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	366

Which we thought seemed shorter than we remember it being. Still a great show though.

We’ve got a pair of walkie-talkies with us, so at this point we split up for people to do their own thing. Mrs Dad’s Taxi and I only do tame things, so some of us enjoy Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Muppet-Vision 3D (I love the Muppets) whilst others are more adventurous and go to do Star Tours, which I’ve done several times and almost lost my lunch on each occasion. I love the queue for it though.

The girls love meeting the characters, and these guys were new to us – they sign themselves simply “Green Army Man” in the autograph books.

Name:	army-man.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	367

I notice they cheat – the real soldiers have both feet on one plastic base, not two. This way makes it much easier for them to march so I can’t blame them.

Hold on, I’ve hit my picture limit. Part B follows........
    Dave.

Part 5B

We watch, yet again, the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, but I’m afraid I know all the jokes and I don’t find it quite as good as I used to. For the newbies amongst us though, the jokes are fresh so they really enjoy it, and the end explosion catches them all by surprise

Name:	indi_jones.jpg 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	369

We queue to meet Woody and Buzz, and Buzz gets fresh with the girls in our group:

Name:	buzz.jpg 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	370

The fast pass time for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster finally comes around, so the kids rush off to get an adrenaline rush, and we have a stroll and another diet coke.

As night falls we grab some food and make our way to the amazing Fantasmic show, which we all think is amazing. Poor Mickey is having a bad time, with so many baddies giving him grief, but when he pulls the old sword out of the stone trick

Name:	mickey-sword.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	371

things get a lot better:

Name:	showboat.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	372

The show really is amazing, and we’ve watched it adapt over the years to include new heroes and villains. The applause is lengthy, and well deserved.

At the end of the night we agree that it’s been a great day, and head back to the villa to recover.

Name:	me_Hollywood.JPG 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	374

Dave.

Great right up dave looks like you all had a great time.

Love your reports. Not tried Cici's pizza, might try this year.
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox
    Its has been great reading your trip reports, and wish I could take photos like you have.

Florida Chatterbox
    Great reports. I notice your flight is due back finally at 3 o'clock this afternoon and hope you're not too tired after your delay.

Thanks all. Yes, we're home and just about awake. I've more reports to write up yet, so expect more over the next week or so. I just ran out of steam whilst we were actually there, it was quite a full-on do-it-all holiday and on our rest days I found myself incapable of typing and editing photos.

Liz, thank you for your kind words too. The secret to good photos is get a big memory card in your camera and take hundreds of photos and some of them will come out fine and even more will come out fine after a bit of cropping in a basic editing program.
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleydo View Post
    Love your reports. Not tried Cici's pizza, might try this year.
    Don't do it - they even have apple pizza for dessert!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby loved it because it was cheap - I hated it!!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Fantastic Reports! Really enjoying reading them!