Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Cinderella's castle vs Akershus at Epcot

Cinderella's castle vs Akershus at Epcot

Hi everyone - now that we have (finally) booked our flights to August I'm trying to sort out what we're going to do while we're there. It's our daughter's 6th birthday just after we get home and she is a mad keen Disney Princess fan so I was thinking about going to Cinderella's Castle for breakfast. Then I read a review about Akershus at Epcot and wondered if anyone had done this one instead???

Also - probably a daft question (and one I really should know the answer to) but if you go to a meal at a restaurant in one of the parks (so either MK or Epcot in this case) do you have to use one of the days on your park tickets to get access to the park first or can you just go to the restaurant??? We've only ever done Chef Mickey's before which is outside the parks so haven't had to worry.

Any suggestions, ideas etc would be gratefully received !

Thanks.
    Alison and Danny

Florida Expert
    Having done both, we preferred the Castle because, well, it was in the Castle and a more apt setting.
    Nothing wrong with Akershus food from memory, the Princesses were just as good and if you can't get the Castle then it's a good alternative but given the choice we'd do the Castle.

You will need to use a day of your ticket unfortunately but at least you will be full up and raring to go :-)

Also if you are going in August you need to book yesterday!!!!!!

The castle opens for bookings 180 days ahead and we have just booked for a visit with my granddaughters in Nov.

You need to call Disney right away. You can do it online but the seating options are not as good as when you talk to a real person.

You will have to pay the full price including tip when you book but this is one of the places that completely fills every day months ahead.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We did the castle for our twins 6th birthday's. Fantastic memories. But as Dave say's "GET BOOKED NOW"

We booked 180 days out so we didn't miss out. Been in Magic Kingdom today & they both commented about going there & how good it was.
    mike

Just throwing this one in the mix, Cinderellas Castle is the most popular and very busy. Have been on numerous occasions wth various visiting family and friends. Quite often it can be a little rushed with characters. My favorite was Hollywood and Dine in MGM. Never failed to get loads of time with characters and always excellent interactions. If you can book outisde of typical meal times.

The only thing about the castle, other than the fact the children will always remember being there, is that you get four Princess's come to your table.

If your children are girls then this is the place they will want to be.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Thanks for your replies and for the book now prompt!! It focussed the mind somewhat and we now have reservations for Cinderella's Table to celebrate our youngest's 6th birthday. Can't wait !!!
    Alison and Danny

Florida Expert
    What we didn't realise the first time we went after it became a character meal and we thought it was a bit expensive. As we had eaten there on every Florida trip it is a bit of a tradition so we did it. As someone else said there is no tip and there is a presentation pack of photos included. You have photo taken with Cinderella downstairs and that is given to you whilst having your meal in a lovely folder with a beautiful pic of the castle. I think it was a 10 x 8 and some 6 x 4's plus a 10 x 8 of the castle