Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not doing the themed parks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post

I don't want to sound smarmy but we have done other places in America but just prefer Florida and the Floridians.

Keith
    Where did I suggest other than Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Where did I suggest other than Florida?
    I didn't say you suggested somewhere other than Florida. I was just stating I prefer Florida to anywhere else in America.

Gulf coast is beautiful, you could always drive over and stay over night? We also love Blue Springs State Park, the Manatee should be there in December, you could also include a trip to Mt Dora in the same day.

As far as villas in other areas are concerned, there are some advertised on this site, plus plenty of people with knowledge of other areas that could help you out. We had a fantastic holiday on the Gulf Coast in a condo recommended by a friend we made on this site.

Diane.
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    As far as villas in other areas are concerned, there are some advertised on this site, plus plenty of people with knowledge of other areas that could help you out. We had a fantastic holiday on the Gulf Coast in a condo recommended by a friend we made on this site. Diane.
    I just didn't think of looking on here for other areas. I now know what to do in the future.

Thanks

Keith

Not sure if the steam train still runs in Mt Dora? It certainly wasn't last time we went.

Andrena

Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    Not sure if the steam train still runs in Mt Dora? It certainly wasn't last time we went.

Andrena
    That's what I thought so after some searching I found "The Orange Blossom Cannonball" which runs from Tavares just down the road from Mount Dora. It's on their "What to do in Tavares" website. They also do a Lake Dora and waterways boat tour so I thought I would do that as well. I would put the links up but I'm not sure I'm allowed to.

Keith

we went to 'eco florida safari, its amazing, we chose the safari but there is horse riding more scarier stuff like the zipline etc just look up on google, we had 2 hours on the coach safari and it was lovely being driven close to nature unspoilt, we love doing the boggy creak ride, we also go to clearwater for the seascreamer boat trip to see the dolphins, the first time they came out to play and it was amazing, they were jumping out the water etc really showing off, 2nd time i didnt think the captain made as much of it as our first trip, (different captain)but you can go back if u dont see any, they let u back on free for 30 days until u see them which i think its good... and not forgetting just how beautiful it is on the clearwater beach... water is so warm and little fish swim between your legs... lovely, also took a drive up to Daytona... so many things to do away from the park xx
    Liesa

Quote Originally Posted by LiesaAnna View Post
    we went to 'eco florida safari
    Thanks Liesa. Just had a look at the website, it looks really good, especially the coach safari.

The Lakeridge winery on US 27 do free tours with wine tasting several times a day. Great place to spend an hour or so. They also have a small gift shop and regular events throughout the year.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    The Lakeridge winery
    That's only 25min from our villa. Although I'm allergic to alcohol the wife might enjoy a tipple.

Keith