Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Virgin VS15 LGW 10th May

Virgin VS15 LGW 10th May

On way to Gatwick. Heard that flight delayed by 5hrs. Is that a maximum 'allowed' timing, results of strike, or a real problem
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I have been trying to find two flights leaving Orlando yesterday, which will be the vs16 and 28, but only the vs16 left and landed, which is probably being used for the vs27 flight out.

So not sure if the delay is from an inbound flight from somewhere else. Pretty odd only one flight left Orlando yesterday.
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm not sure what the website is but there is one which tells you exactly which planes are flying each of the Virgin routes so you could see if the inbound was delayed from another route.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    This is the one
    http://v-flyer.com/the-toolbox/aircr...e?acReg=G-VTOP

Going by the schedule it looks as if it may have had some maintenance or something as it seems to have been last used on April 30th (to France) so perhaps it was late getting back, might have a knock on effect on returning flight as it looks like it should be the 16 coming back today. Just curious how up to date it is, is 17.20 the new flight departure you've been given?
    Babblin Boo

We were finally told that the original plane was still the Carribean and could not be repairs in time. A 747 was flown from Germany. We eventually flew off at 19.00. Immigration at MCO was very slow(not many officers at that time of night!) Alamo kiosk not used. We eventually arrived at villa I.45 am.

Thanks Stephanie. Good link.
    Now back on UK. Flight back on 2nd June was 2 hours late departing , no early advice when I checked in on line nor information why or indeed mention when actually got to check in.
    An getting very fed up with Virgin.
    Am looking at prices of flights this October. At the moment BA is cheaper, particularly to Tampa. With the new roadworks there, particularly around / near the Airport, it's looking as that may be a preferred option

Florida Chatterbox
    Are you saying there are roadworks around Tampa airport. We go in six weeks and never flown in to Tampa I was going to rely on my sat nav but sounds like the map will be out of date

Florida Expert
    There were extensive roadworks around Tampa airport 3 -4 years ago, they have been completed now for at least 2 years.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    We flew into Tampa 2 weeks ago and it is all fine, much easier leaving the airport than a couple of years ago.

Lynne

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We flew into Tampa in January our sat nav was no help as the maps were older than the road. You go North on I275 then pick up Eastbount I4 (The I4 was not signposted at tghe airport but the I275 was).
    Lyn