Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa/Community help please

Villa/Community help please

I understand that villas and walking to places such as restaurants, shops etc don't always go hand in hand, but I was wondering if there are any communities that you could recommend which would allow us to walk to either one restaurant, shop etc.

We are going to go to Orlando next year and would really like to try a villa, last year we stayed on International Drive

Thanks
    Kathryn

Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forum - you will not be disappointed if you chose a villa over a hotel as they have so much more space and are a wonderful way to spend a holiday in Florida.

There are some communities which have shops and restaurants in walking distance but I am not sure of all of them. I would suggest you put in a request to http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/ and/or http://www.orlandovillas.com/ and in the comments section state that you would like a villa within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Owners whose villas meet these requirements will then contact you with their details enabling you to chose a home which suits you best.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Southern Dunes has a golf clubhouse with restaurant/bar which is open for lunch every day and currently for evening meals on Friday. It is also possible to walk to Manny's (my daughter has done it, but it's a bit too far for me) and to The All Star Bar and Grill. There is a 24 hour Walmart within walking distance as well as A Dollar General, Winn Dixie and another Dollar store.
    Christine

I'm currently staying at Southern Dunes and have eaten a number of times at the excellent clubhouse. Walking there is quite easy. The Walmart at the entrance to the resort includes a Subway if you want takeaway and there is a Checkers, another Subway and a Bar and Grill across Highway 27 from the entrance to Southern Dunes.

I haven't walked to Mannys but it would be easy enough, it's the walk back after beer and food which might not be such a good idea.
    Regards, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Welcome to the forum - you will not be disappointed if you chose a villa over a hotel as they have so much more space and are a wonderful way to spend a holiday in Florida.

There are some communities which have shops and restaurants in walking distance but I am not sure of all of them. I would suggest you put in a request to http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/ and/or http://www.orlandovillas.com/ and in the comments section state that you would like a villa within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Owners whose villas meet these requirements will then contact you with their details enabling you to chose a home which suits you best.
    As Jill said you need to put out a general enquiry with your dates and specify Restaurants and Shops within walking distance and the relevant villa owners will reply!

Regards, Mark.

Super Moderator
    There is also a Beef 'O' Bradys sports bar across the 27 we have walked to.

Florida Expert
    Hi Kathryn
    We are currently in Florida, you may like to think of the estate which from part of the Formosa Gardens sub division (Formosa Gardens Estate,Oak island Harbour and Cove,Rolling Hills and Indian Creek)
    These are within walking distance of the Formosa Shopping Centre which has some 8 restaurants,supermarket etc. The distance is between 10 and 15 minutes easy walk but please bare in mind the heat during the day makes walking hard work!
    We quite often walk in the evenings so that we can have a drink although it does take us longer to walk home.
    Eric

Hunters Creek is within a 10/15 minute walk of The Loop www.attheloop.com. There are too many restaurants to list as you will see together with shops and a cinema. There are not many villas to rent here but there are a few which are fully licensed for short term rental.
    Hunters Creek has just been voted the '21st Best Place to Live in America'.

High Grove has a bar/restaurant at the entrance and is within walking distance of Walmart plus restaurants and
    bars etc at Cagans Crossing.

Glenbrook has resturants within walking distance & there is a Sweetbay supermarket on site
    Carol