Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alamo at Orlando Airport

Alamo at Orlando Airport

Just returned from our trip to Orlando where we rented a full size SUV. This was our first time with Alamo and were somewhat disappointed. There was only one vehicle available for hire - a Ford Expedition no other vehicles were rentable. This was disappointing in that most posters here say you have a choice of any in the lot, which is what Dollar does. The vehicle was shabby and I had to clean it out before using it. I did complain about this on the return but this was just ignored. Not sure I will go back to Alamo next time.
    John
     Sent from my iMac

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    If the inside was not clean you should have complained when you collected it, if this was the only on in the class and was not clean they should have cleaned it or upgraded you. This happened to us once at Sandford and they told us to pick a car in the next class.
    Lyn

they werent good to us last time, my left leg/foot really swelled last trip and i couldnt walk, so i was in a wheelchair Steve sorted it out, the fella at alamo told us we were down to have a fiat 500... we didnt see any on our whole time there so we had upgraded and cost a further £200... i'm not going with them again... i wondered why it was so empty in there... now i know
    Liesa

Oh no ... we are going with Alamo for the first time this October... you have me worried now [msnscared]
    Wendy

Don't worry Wendy, we've hired at least 10 cars in the least few years all through Alamo and not had a single problem - hubby loves the tahoe and on one occasion there wasn't one available and the lovely guy in the Alamo garage asked if we'd like a suburban!! The highest mileage we've ever had on a hire car has been around 10k and usually it's less than 4k.
    Caroline & Dave

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Whilst we appreciate it's not nice to have a bad experience with any supplier, it's the usual thing on forums of the many, many customers who use Alamo and have a great experience not posting and the very few who have some issues post. This makes Alamo look awful when in fact very much the opposite is true.

Having met all the senior staff at Orlando International along with Roger last year I know how much they work for customer satisfaction and do not tolerate anything less than perfect service.

Liesa: Roger did reply (see quote below, which is worth repeating for other's benefit anyway) when you originally brought the subject of the Fiat 500 up last September (you booked an Economy 4 Door if I'm not mistaken). The car hire companies do not have you down for a particular model (despite what this agent might have told you), just a car in the class you booked.

If anyone tries to mis-sell you like this I'd suggest taking a note of their name and asking to speak to the Manager as I know they will take the issue seriously.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Alamo do have Fiat 500's in their Economy line-up. From what you say I can't tell for sure if they told you there were no economy cars left or if they told you that you are down for a Fiat 500 so you might want to upgrade. If they say there are none left then you should not agree to a paid upgrade. If ever the car rental company suggest you might not get your luggage in the car you have booked, then we always recommend that you try it before upgrading. Bear in mind that any local fees (upgrades etc) that you choose are subject to all sorts of local charges and airport fees, so although the upgrade costs may be $200, the fees can add a third again. All costs are shown clearly on the rental agreement, so you can always double-check.

A good thing with Alamo is they have a 24 hour period where if you take an upgrade, you can change your mind and go back to any local depot to change back to the car you booked, at no cost to you. That way, if the next morning when you are a bit more refreshed you decide you did the wrong thing, you can change back again.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Never had a bad experience with Alamo used them at least a dozen times. Have had a couple of small hiccups but they were always sorted.
    Lyn

I must admit I had a problem with Alamo last year, at Miami Airport and complained. This was down to one unpleasent member of staff who needed an attitude adjustment, things can happen with any company but this should not besmirch the excellence of other staff and the company on the whole. I have booked two cars for this year and I have booked with Alamo because I have found them to be very good and love to be able to choose my own vehicle before driving out. The most helpful person I have ever been fortunate to meet at MCO airport was an Alamo employee who helped us when we had a problem on arrival at the airport. This was nothing to do with carhire but that didnt stop him and his colleagues from helping us.
    Jan

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've probably used all the major rental companies over the years and I don't find any to be markedly better than the others.

I would probably put Alamo towards the bottom of my preferences but I can't say I wouldn't use them if the deal was right. I'm in the US at the moment and have a car from Dollar which came at a good rate and I'm perfectly happy with. If I could have got a better deal with Alamo, I wouldn't have hesitated to have taken it.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 12-05-2012 at 00:40.

Florida Chatterbox
    We collected a car from Alamo last Friday. Perfect. Dave was a little concerned as we always use Dollar with OV but it was just great.
    No problem. Had a choice of at least 15 cars. Thanks.
    Elly