Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rodeo

Florida Newbie

rodeo

Hi Guys
    Anybody been to or can recommend a rodeo whilst in Florida ,preferably a proper authentic event rather than a touristy/disney style show.Would love to go see one and the kids would love it with the horses ,last time i was over there i tried to find one but no luck ,i thought they would be quite common.
    Thanks for your help.

Hi
    When we were there last year there was one on in June -I think it was called silverspurs. Not sure how often its on

Florida Newbie
    Not been to any myself, however there is this website http://www.silverspursrodeo.com/ and this one as well http://www.kissimmeerodeo.com/

Yeee Haw!
    Sean

There's also this
    Last edited by Jill; 08-05-2012 at 16:40. Reason: Link has links to other sites

Florida Newbie
    Nice one thanks guys,the Silverspurs one looks pretty good and the timing is just about right ,anybody been??

Silver Spurs is a grand day oit, its part of the big Rodeo Tour. Great fun, tickets can sell out. Big arena event. Kissimmee Rodeo is more a locals thing, up close and personal, it did close down for a while. You get some great local talent, we used to go regulary. Enjoyed it just as much as the big one.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Yes the silver spurs is a real rodeo not just a show, we have been a couple of times and as mentioned it comes to town June and Jan/Feb.

They have it all including rodeo clowns and 'events" where the kids get to go down on the floor.

The parking is a mare though so get there in plenty of time.
    CDV

Florida Newbie
    would love to hear if there is one in Florida, have been to 2 before in Montana and South Dakota, they were both fantastic it was great to see real cowboys Yee Haw!

Florida Newbie
    Thanks, i think we'll try the Silverspurs on the sat ,kids are free so only $30 oh plus food ,balloons ,toys,etc etc lol

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We have been to the Silver Spurs Rodeo and really enjoyed it. It is all indoors and they have a lovely bit were the children go in the ring and they have a young animal with a ribbon on its tail and the children have to try and get the ribbon. I would say that although I enjoyed it I was a bit concerned about the animals, would you like having your ankles and wrists lassoo'd and thenbeing dragged to the ground!
    Lyn