Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some help needed

Florida Newbie

Some help needed

Hi, we're going to Florida for 3 weeks at Christmas, there's myself and my dh, his mom (69) her parnter(70) and our son, 4.
    what would be they most sensible ticket to get? We want to do all e usual suspects but I don't want to rush round, plus DS will get tired i suspect!
    would a 14 day hopper be a good plan? We're planning to do a lot of non Disney stuff too, so I don't want to spend a lot of money to then not use the ticket to its full potential.
    some ideas would be useful so I can pitch them to my inlaws when we have our holiday meeting!
    thanks!

Gold 5 Star Member
    When we've been with my mum and dad, we've completely split the selection of tickets between what we'd like to do, and what they want to tag along with. We've typically spent longer at the theme parks whereas mum and dad love just relaxing out by the villa's pool.

If you wanted to do the same at Christmas you would have to watch the weather and perhaps play it by ear a bit to see when it's going to be hot and when it might be cool.

As a follow-on question - are you planning to go to Florida again in the future. If so, another plan worth considering is to buy one of the longer-day non-expiry tickets. This may seem a little more expensive but the payback comes when you go back to Florida as you can build that trip around how many days you still have available. Plus if you have non-expiry tickets you don't feel like you have to be in the theme parks each day and every day to get the most value from them.

It's a tough question. I'd definitely recommend trying to look at it from two different points of view and fit the tickets around that.
    Steve

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Personally I wouldn't recommend water parks for a trip at this time of year for those at the 2 ends of your age scale. Take a look at the link above for Park Tickets. I would go for bonus package B or fun in the sun package 1 or 2. I know they do include some water parks but you are not paying extra for the disney ones (one is always closed at this time of year anyway), and this does give you the opportunity to visit one if you feel like it - But it is not a wasted day as the 14 day scan be used at any of the parks.
    Christine

I personally would go for a 7 day ticket which can include the water parks which potentially gives you 11 days out. I think that every other day is probably enough if you are going to do other attractions also.
    Something everyday is hard going.
    Hope this helps.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Thank you everyone, I guess we can always buy tickets out there if we find we are using it more? Can we get things delivered to the house we're staying in, or I suppose etickets work ok (if the house has a printer!)

During a 21 day holiday, I would be suprised if you managed more than 12>15 days at theme parks in total & if you do, you'll have the blisters to prove it !!!
    It's common for folks to over-buy tickets, then find they've either just run out of steam or pushed themselves too far to 'use up' their days ....
    Would suggest 8 days more than enough Disney + 2 or 3 Universal + Sea World. Does Lego Land appeal ?? It probably would to a 4 year old....
    Plus you need shopping & 'crash out time.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oooooo - another thought - if you are planning to have Christmas dinner out somewhere, and especially if that somewhere is in one of the restaurants in one of the Disney theme parks ... start thinking now and book somewhere as soon as possible. I know it sounds miles away but some of the Disney restaurants do book up months in advance.
    Steve

Florida Newbie
    Hadn't thought about having dinner out tbh, the last two times I went. (95 and 97) we ate in the house as not much was open according to my mum. Although she may have been making that up as she's never been one for going out places......
    i shall bring that up at our holiday meeting!! Thank you! :-)

Just about everywhere is open on xmas day

I'm not sure that it is worth paying extra for a hopper ticket. If you want to do two parks in a day you can go back to the same one in the evening for the evening shows which are different.
    Lynne