Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Weekend Suggestions

Florida Expert

Smile Long Weekend Suggestions

We are off to our villas again this summer as an extended family. Last year we went for a month but had a long weekend in Chicago which we thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend! This year we thought maybe of flying up to New York for a long weekend but wondered if anybody had any other suggestions of a good destination for a 2 or 3 night stop with not too long a flight?
    Dawn

I would definitely say spend the time in New York and see the sights, there is more than enough to keep you busy for the 2/3 nights you would be there. Another destination that I have heard is good is Boston....
    Wendy

New York is one of our favourite places to visit. Just love it! Have you thought of doing a 3 night cruise? It actually works out cheaper than a city break and you get to relax together while visiting a couple of ports in the 3 nights.
    Jim

Hi Dawn

We're going to South Dakota for 3 days at the end of June. Marcus is working on a dairy farm there and we're meeting up with him to visit Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills

Judy

We stayed in Boston for three nights before we flew down to our villa for Xmas a few years ago. Excellent sightseeing. Would recommend this.
    Julie

Florida Savvy
    There is always Vegas !!!, we have done it a couple of ways, first flew to Orlando and spent some time in our villa then flew to vegas for 4 nights and then back to Orlando, second time we flew direct from Gatwick again spent 4 nights and then flew down to Orlando, doing it this way saves you an internal flight.

and of course you will have plenty of things to see and do in and around Vegas.

New York, Vegas or Dallas for me all brill, and also new Orleans

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    We've done New York and New Orleons which are both fantastic place, New Orleans nightlife is more geared towards adults

Sandra
    Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    I love Boston..we stay at the counting house hotel you can walk most places from there...

We have stopped off in Washington twice and personally I love it more than New York. You could always drive up to St.Augustine lovely area and very interesting. We also love Miami and Naples and are doing both for a few days this year when over in the villa. Such a choice, so whatever you decide, enjoy.
    Val