Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo Kiosks

Florida Newbie

Alamo Kiosks

We flew into Orlando International on Tuesday 17th April with the intention of using the Alamo fast track Kiosk's. I had already registered with Alamo Save Time, but on attempting to enter the confirmation number as requested it allowed me to type in about 75% of the number then said "number not recognised". I tried again with the same result. In the end I went to the desk which luckily had a position free, so no waiting. The added advantage of going to the desk was that I was able to change the bring back the car with an empty fuel tank (on regiistering with Save Time I was not given the option to bring back full - Roger gave the reason for this in earlier thread) to bring it back full. That said the Alamo desk clerk tried very hard to convince me that the Alamo charge would be a lot less than buying fuel locally. It does seem the use of the Kiosk's is still a very hit and miss affair!
    David

We couldn't use the kiosks on 20th April, was told as we are from the UK they wouldn't work so to join the long queue.
    Karen

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    As far as I know. Roger is aware of some people having problems, and is looking into it, to try and resolve it. I am sure as soon as it is sorted her will let us know.

I have used it in the past without any problems, but yes we have been advised the same at the desk when the reference was not recognised.

The confusing thing is, it does recognise it at the registration process, and give you the code to use at the kiosk, so somewhere down the line it is getting muddled up.
    CERI

I've just registered with Save Time, it gave me a barcode to print. Is there a barcode scanner on the kiosk?
    Dave.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    There is. We had the same. We tried to scan it. but no joy. and put the number in as well. I do hear that some have worked, but some haven't so you could be ok.
    CERI

There is a barcode reader but unfortunatly did not work for us either. still had to join the line :-(
    Jan and Lee

Florida Newbie
    On activating the Kiosk touch screen I was asked to swipe a credit card, which it responded with "there are two customers with my surname". I was then asked to type or scan the confirmation number barcode, neither of which worked! As i did not have to queue to see an agent I never even bothered to ask why the Kiosk method had not worked.
    David

We flew in on Saturday.. A long queue, so smug me, having registered with the alamo savetime site, thought i'd be extra smug...
    No chance... As it happens, there was an Alamo customer rep manager hanging around, due i think to the size of the queue. I was firmly told that NO non-us licenses would work on the Alamo kiosks. When i pointed out, that at no point does this restriction appear on the website that i used to register, he said that i should use the feedback the put my views about the service.

so whinge-o-gram on it's way.
    Wilf & Sarah

We've hired several cars through this site with Alamo and the Kiosk does definitely work with non US licenses however it didn't work every time!
    Caroline & Dave

Just go straight to the Alamo garage, pick your car and hand our voucher in at the kiosk where you drive out. Works every time! ��
    Regards, Mark