Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Kiosks

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Yes, this is the same as pre-paying for fuel. If you select that option then return as empty as you can, as you will be charged for the full tank by Alamo.
    Thanks for the feedback Roger,

I'll register now.

Thanks

Sean

Florida Junior
    We tried to use the kiosks yesterday. Registered online with all our details before hand including driving licence details and went to the kiosk which then spent 20 minutes asking for the same details. At the end it said it could not compete our booking so go to the desk. So another 30 wait. The chap behind the desk di say the best course of action is to go straight to the car lot and hand you paperwork to the chap after choosing your car. He said this wasnt the official way but was the quickest.

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by neilbrunton View Post
    We tried to use the kiosks yesterday. Registered online with all our details before hand including driving licence details and went to the kiosk which then spent 20 minutes asking for the same details. At the end it said it could not compete our booking so go to the desk. So another 30 wait. The chap behind the desk di say the best course of action is to go straight to the car lot and hand you paperwork to the chap after choosing your car. He said this wasnt the official way but was the quickest.
    I've heard this a couple of times now. Is going straight to the car and missing out the desk and kiosk getting to be a common thing?

Sean

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neilbrunton View Post
    We had exactly the same thing happen to us on our arrival on Saturday at MCO. Info entered as requested (even came up with my details as second driver) then could not complete the transaction - please go to desk message. Other half was not amused, especially as the line was long. When we used the kiosks in Miami previously, there was a glitch, but there was an Alamo staff member on hand to help sort out the problem (we had arrived earlier than the system was expecting) and everything worked well with her assistance. Unlike Miami, there was nobody around to help and while we were waiting in line another two people had to join the queue after using the kiosk.

Once at the desk, hubby commented about the kiosks not working and rep said kiosks were new and were having a few teething problems. He cut the rep off short when she tried the upgrade speech and we had one of the speediest paperwork completions to date!

We were tempted to just go through and pick a car, but after being stuck in the exit queue behind someone doing just that, I don't think we will try it. The girl on the exit desk had to phone to get authority and he was passing drivers licences and various bits of paperwork to and fro and it took an absolute age to sort out, and all the while the queue of cars waiting to exit was getting longer and longer and tempers were getting shorter and shorter ......

Not sure what the answer is with the kiosks, but they still are not working at MCO.
    Lesley

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Sean

Although as has been said a number of times now, (on this thread), its "not" the official way to do it.

We "have" done this on the last 5/6 trips with no problems. I think it helps alleviate the queues at the counters.

I suppose you could be sent back, but I find that highly unlikely.

I would say go for it & if challenged plead ignorance (very, very politely). [msnwink]
    mike

We arrived late on Saturday at Fort Myers, the kiosk didn't work for us. Annoying, as it had worked at MCO at Christmas. No explanation, it just said go to desk. We didn't ask why, because we were too tired and fed up at that stage. Clearly their system is not perfect.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    We arrived Sunday night and tried to use the kiosks too ( B Terminal at MCO ) . They have changed from one I used before and there is now nowhere
    to scan the voucher they send you. Can only scan drivers licences from US. Anyway it let me enter details again - mostly ones I had entered already. Can't enter reservation number either which seemed odd.seemed to find the booking and then wouldn;t let me enter credit card. Had to go to counter. About 10 min queue so not too bad and no problems except trying to get me to upgrade my insurance !! Have to admit if I was a first timer I would have felt that the "basic " was not enough.
    Out to garage and in an Intermediate or Small Suv in a couple of mins. Loads to choose from and we have a Kia SOrrento which is really nice. Cant remember other makes apart from a Jeep.
    All in all a good experience but still can;t understand why they kiosks don't scan the vouchers they send you !!!

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJan View Post
    Just go straight to the Alamo garage, pick your car and hand our voucher in at the kiosk where you drive out. Works every time! ��
    Is this correct? We have just filled in the 'Save Time' info and got a bar code back but if we can bypass the kiosk all the better. I have enough trouble checking in on those machine at the airport nowadays :-)

Florida Chatterbox

Alamo Save Time question

Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Is this correct? We have just filled in the 'Save Time' info and got a bar code back but if we can bypass the kiosk all the better. I have enough trouble checking in on those machine at the airport nowadays :-)
    I meant to add to the question above. Along with the barcode and confirmation booking number (sent after filling out info for 'Save Time' Alamo) It then says when arriving go to the counter etc.?

http://www.uscarhire.com/alamokiosks.aspx

If you go to the above link which Roger posted it gives you a comprehensive guide on how to use the kiosks. Note if you are a U.K. citizen you do not put in your barcode (this is for U.S.A & Canadian residents) you need your driving licence & credit card although you have already given them your driving licence details.

I'm sure Roger will put you right if I am incorrect.
    Keith