Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connection time in Philly

Florida Chatterbox

Connection time in Philly

US air have changed our flights on the return journey. From Tampa into Philly with a flight then to Manchester. The new flight from Tampa gives us 64 Minutes in Philly, has anyone got experience or an opinion about this. I was concerned and contacted US who said 64 minutes was absolutely fine.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Depending on the time of year you are travelling. and the connecting terminal. It may be alright. We like to leave approx 2 hours when having a connecting flight, just in case of any delays on the first part of the journey.
    CERI

I've made the connection in Philadelphia in 25 mins - a rush,I'll grant you, but we made it. You will be fine

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    As it is the return you will be fine-no immigration and if I remember rightly no picking up luggage

Gold 5 Star Member
    It would be tight on the outbound but it's very comfortable on the inbound so you don't have anything to worry about.

Gold 5 Star Member
    we had the same recently when United merged with Continental and our connection home between Orlando/Newark/London was changed to just 15 minutes. I nearly had a heart attack. I rang and they said due to their timetable changes they were putting us on the earlier flight so have nearly 2 hours connection but the representative told me they had a legal requirement to give you 1 1/2 hours in between connections, if the flight is booked as one whole journey.
    Jan&Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for the reassurance, I was worried when the email come through and when I phoned they just ran the details and said all was OK and there nothing needed changing. There was an earlier flight but this left us in Philly for over 4 hours which they advised was unnecessary.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveandJan View Post
    I rang and they said due to their timetable changes they were putting us on the earlier flight so have nearly 2 hours connection but the representative told me they had a legal requirement to give you 1 1/2 hours in between connections, if the flight is booked as one whole journey.
    That's not the case although some airlines do have self-imposed minimum times. I can't see why there should be a blanket legal requirement when each case will be different dependent on the circumstances.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveandJan View Post
    I rang and they said due to their timetable changes they were putting us on the earlier flight so have nearly 2 hours connection but the representative told me they had a legal requirement to give you 1 1/2 hours in between connections, if the flight is booked as one whole journey.
    Certainly not a legal requirement; I have many times had under an hour between connections - at several airports in the USA.

I just checked the AA schedule for Orlando to Heathrow via Chicago(ORD) and one flight AA382 arrives at ORD at 08:17 and you are booked on AA90 departing at 09:00 - 43 mins later; and it takes about 20 mins to taxi to the terminal at ORD! Unless there is a long delay they will usually hold the UK bound flight as they know what passengers are on the delayed flight

Gold 5 Star Member
    That is what United representative told me when I called as we have our flights booked with them
    Jan&Steve