Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas BBQ Grills at Villas

Quote Originally Posted by Clare R View Post
    I query the wording of 'supplied free' - whatever is supplied is included in the rental cost - there is nothing free.
    That is how it SHOULD be, Clare, but there are an awful lot of people out there who simply are not calculating their rental charges to cover their costs!

You only have to look at those who offer FREE pool heat to see what I mean..... Darned if I would ever have given anyone free pool heat! [msnwink]

Knowing how much utilities cost I wouldn't expect anyone to give ME free pool heat if I rented a villa now. If it is really FREE then it is not being included in the cost of the rental, and if it IS included already in the cost of the rental then it isn't FREE, surely?[msnscared]
    ellie

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the responses. I agree with regard to the charcoal grills, they can be very messy and cooking with them is an art form. It seems I always wait to long to try and avoid the lighter fluid flavor and never have enough heat to cook properly, but those who are skilled with them can get great flavor from them. I will probably just rent the grill for the second week we are in town and not worry about it 50 or 60 dollars for the two weeks would not have bothered me but 80 just seems like throwing money away. Will have a great trip no matter what we decide though, will be out 8th trip down and always look forward to it.

Chuck

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have a gas BBQ and don't charge any rental costs. However, we do stipulate that guests clean before they leave otherwise we would have to charge a cleaning fee from their deposit and the guests pay for the gas themselves. It has worked well for us so far
    Jan&Steve

We provide a George Foreman BBQ at no extra cost to our guests but request that it is cleaned after use.
    We had a friend with the same BBQ but some renters used it with charcoal and as you can imagine ruined it. I ask myself WHY would anyone do this especially as it has an electric element in it.
    Val

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    Val was thinking of buy a George foreman , think I may have to pop a sticker on it saying Electric , do not use charcoal ,
    I once read about someone having a guest that put an electric kettle on the stove , so anything is possible [:O]
    Gail

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi We provide a gas BBQ and again ask guests to clean before departure, if not then the clean is deducted from their security bond. When we purchased ours we tried to find one which was easy to clean, with grills you could put in the dishwasher and a fat catching tray underneath so easy to remove and clean. Cindy

Florida Expert
    Re the cleaning aspect - our MC uses disposable aluminium foil sheets on our gas barbecue, it works very well and saves the grills getting too dirty. The sheets have slits in them so that the fat runs away as normal - just put the words into Google.
    Clare R

We also provide a gas BBQ grill which is included in the rental rate and we also make guests aware that if they use it they must clean it before they leave otherwise we will have to make a charge for the cleaning. Had to replace our BBQ recently though as the guests decided to use charcoal! and burnt it out.
    Linda

Gas BBQ Grills at Villas

Our MC offer our guests rental of a gas BBQ. Comes with utensils and a full tank of gas and only costs a one-off charge of $45 including cleaning. I think his price is pretty reasonable and saves us from any hassle in cleaning etc if we had our own. Better still, when are here he leaves us owners the BBQ free gratis

Clare, perhaps we should say 'supplied at no extra charge' - but it is the same thing. We don't ask the guest for more money for the use of the grill.
    Although we do charge for Electric heating for the pool, we offer the solar heat free of charge. I really hate when people ask me for extra for this and that - we don't like it ourselves so don't ask our guests for it either. However we all have different ideas on how to run our homes and that is fair enough, but I would not like it if I was asked for extra payment for a BBQ if it had not been obvious in the advert that this would be charged, that to me is unfair. At least extra charges should be upfront and not levied once you have paid and committed to the accommodation - sharp practice in my opinion.

Andrena