Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DH's 50th this year

DH's 50th this year

Hi

It is my DH's 50th birthday later in the year and as we are going to FL in October (yay) I am trying to think of something exciting for him to do while we are there as a birthday present....

Any ideas would be welcome [msnsmile2]
    Wendy

Hot air balloon ride, or they do some behind the scenes type tours at Disney, or hire a sports car or a hummer. I'm sure there's lots of other things too but there's a start for you! When is Gary's big day?
    Caroline & Dave

how about the Gun experience- does he have any interests such as golf or Footy? or how about the Richard Petty racecar experience, or waterskiing?

Does he like Seaworld? They do a 'Trainer for a day' package which my daughter did on their last visit in March. They were absolutely blown away by it and got up close to the penguins, dolphins, etc and also the Buluga Whales. They have some amazing photos.

They have also done Discovery Cove a couple of times and loved that too.

Alternatively there is a National Park just north of Clearwater where you can hire a boat for the day to sail along the river and watch the wildlife or swim. The name escapes me just now but I am sure someone on here will enlighten us. There is a chance you will encounter Manatees in this area.

Have a great time whatever you do

I can highly recommend the hot air balloon ride !

Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    Hot air balloon ride, or they do some behind the scenes type tours at Disney, or hire a sports car or a hummer. I'm sure there's lots of other things too but there's a start for you! When is Gary's big day?
    Hi Caroline,

Gary's birthday is 27th December so I know October is a bit early but it would be nice to do something different as it is the big 50....
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by kitch50 View Post
    Hi Caroline,

Gary's birthday is 27th December so I know October is a bit early but it would be nice to do something different as it is the big 50....
    Ooooh spooky my Dave's birthday is 27th December too! He's a couple of years in front of Gary though [msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

I am sure that Martin used to sell the hot air balloon ride on this site but I can't seem to find it now unless I am going blind ....
    Wendy

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    I have done these for my Hubby's birthdays in the pass , jet ski with http://bvwatersports.com/2005/index.shtml
    and he as also done the Richard Petty race-car experience,at the Disney track
    I also sorted him a game of Golf (with other hubby's from this site) he loves to play but with his job cannot find the time.
    we are going to the Gun experience this next trip . There are lots to do in Florida , what about a helicopter ride http://www.orlandohelitours.com/
    Gail

Quote Originally Posted by kitch50 View Post
    I am sure that Martin used to sell the hot air balloon ride on this site but I can't seem to find it now unless I am going blind ....
    I thought he did too post a question in the tickets part of the forum and I'm sure he'll clarify.
    Caroline & Dave