Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dreamliner to Florida from next year

Dreamliner to Florida from next year

Interesting article on the new 787. Seat pitch 34" in economy, and turbulence a thing of the past (or so it says here)!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...assengers.html
    Tonish

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Thomson give 34" in economy now but it does look like a nice plane.
    Lyn

Wow. We are flying with Thomson this year and I wish it would be on the Dreamliner!

Looks good- lets hope it makes Virgin think- on the Manchester run, that is.

Thomson were really good last time we flew with them. Their seat pitch in economy was certainly impressive for a charter airline.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quite a while back I read something about the different approaches that Boeing and Airbus were taking based on how they believed the future requirements of aviation would pan out. Airbus believe very much in a hub and spoke approach ... hence the A380 to move as many passengers as possible as efficiently as possible between major hubs. Boeing believe more in a point to point or more regional approach ... hence the smaller, but more efficient 787 (or 7E7 as it was back then).

It will be really interesting to watch what happens over the next 10 or 20 years, but in the meantime I'm really hoping that the 787 and perhaps technology that follows on from it will open up more regional routes ... and especially more regional routes to and from Florida.
    [msnsmile2]
    Steve

I'm really looking forward to having a go in the Dreamliner. I understand BA is using it exclusively out of Heathrow initially - may have to go via Miami for the next few trips!

We flew from Manchester (Thomson) three weeks ago and yes it was an excellent service, pitch good, food was fine. All for £270 including luggage allowance return. Can a go a few times a year at these prices.