Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami Beach Hotels

Gold 5 Star Member

Miami Beach Hotels

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice hotel on Miami Beach.

Cheers.
    Steve

Lowes Miami Beach, not cheap but a wonderful hotel.

Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    We stayed at the Sheraton Bal Habour quite a few years ago. beautiful hotel right on the beach
    Jan&Steve

We always stay in the Park Central right on the beach, with lovely old fashioned glamour and a roof top terrace with a view.
    Karen

Florida Expert
    Winterhaven - a great art deco hotel...[]

Florida Newbie
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    +1 for the Winterhaven - found it completely by accident in 2004 - notice that from July this year it becomes a Marriott - hope they don't lose the staff...

Florida Savvy
    Grab a look on trip advisor...we are renting a beach front condo on collins avenue....some cracking places on their.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know this will sound controversial Drino but I wouldn't touch TA with a bargepole, even if I were wearing rubber gloves and a respiration mask. I (personally) think that there are just too many people on there who try to pick fault with anything they find simply because they believe it gives them some kind of power, too many good reviews written by the properties themselves or by people paid to do it, too many bad reviews written by competitors, too many bad reviews written by people who haven't actually stayed at the place they are reviewing ... you get the idea.

I'd much sooner get the opinions of people I trust (those who frequent these forums for example) who typically have quite recent experience.

You're right about Collins Ave though. That was the first place I thought of. Anywhere that has the road on one side and the beach on the other gets my vote straight away. It's a few years since I was last down there and I can't for the life of me remember where we stayed.
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    We stayed in a fabulous little Art Deco boutique hotel on Collins when we drove down for a night out on South Beach! (A year to the day after that night we got married - must have been impressed with that date night to Miami)! I'll try and dig out the name, it was really lush and had the personal touch, it was really expensive but worth it (I didn't pay....lol).

When we were still stationed on Germany, we actually holidayed in Miami for a couple of weeks a few years ago pre buying the villa and we ended up in a Days Inn, it was much better than your average vision of that chain that you see around here, not sure if it is a franchise, it was right on the beach but if it was just for a couple of nights I would go Art Deco or the possibly the Lowes, I have only stayed in the one in New York but it was fab.

Oh and I couldn't agree more with the TA thing.
    Last edited by Cruella DeVilla; 20-04-2012 at 14:48.
    CDV

A lot of the Miami hotels are fairly ghastly, but we stayed in the Surfcomber once, which is a small art deco boutique hotel and really liked it. Location was excellent. It was a long time ago, however, so I couldn't vouch for it today.
    Tonish