Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Areas to stay in

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Hi Jill,

Im a little surprised by your comment, I dont know how you can say it doesnt make any difference if a resort is gated or not, in our resort we have a manned 24 hour gatehouse and a system in place where anyone entering or leaving the community has to prove they should be there, its a fact that in well over a year we have not had one case of trouble in the resort in terms of break-ins etc.

I know we have to pay for this in high HOA fees but the comfort it gives us is worth it.
    Cash.

We're on a non gated community and neither have we.
    Roger

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk View Post
    Let's not get into a gated vs non-gated community discussion between homeowners please as it's obvious those who have gated homes will stand up for them and those with non-gated homes will say the opposite.

The real answer is something along the lines of Jill's comments above: remember to be careful when on holiday and never leave valuables on show or give anyone an excuse to get up to no good. A bit of common sense goes a long way. All the villa communities I have ever visited are very safe and have a very low level of crime, but Florida is like anywhere else and if you give someone the opportunity to steal then they might well take it.
    Thank you John that was exactly what I was trying to imply. I was not trying to say one type of community is better than another especially as I have not visited them all and have not had cause to find fault with any I have visited.