Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Areas to stay in

David, you may find the link leads to villas for rent and that may be why it was removed.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Carol, no it is just a drive through of the area showing what it's like, nothing specific.
    I has said that it is a lovely area and a picture paints a thousand words, so a video clip illustrates to the OP exactly how I found it.

Hi David,

No issue with the video at all, however, I removed the link as there are links to other accommodation providers which come up alongside the main video clip. My understanding of these adverts is that they will be provided by choice relevant to the video that you are viewing and also perhaps through cookies embedded from your browsing habits (???) - effectively very similar to googleads.

In saying that, there has been discussion about how we can implement YouTube within the OV family of websites in general as it does seem to help with the dark art of search engine optimisation. I am going to test something and if I can find a means to embed the link without generating the associated ads (which I think I may be able to) then I'll post that.

Cheers,

Euan
    Euan

Thanks Euan for explaining the links....I couldn't find the words to explain it properly.[:I]

Florida Chatterbox
    Euan,

That's cool, thanks for the explanation.
    Didn't think about the incidental stuff.

David

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    Hi David,

No issue with the video at all, however, I removed the link as there are links to other accommodation providers which come up alongside the main video clip. My understanding of these adverts is that they will be provided by choice relevant to the video that you are viewing and also perhaps through cookies embedded from your browsing habits (???) - effectively very similar to googleads.

In saying that, there has been discussion about how we can implement YouTube within the OV family of websites in general as it does seem to help with the dark art of search engine optimisation. I am going to test something and if I can find a means to embed the link without generating the associated ads (which I think I may be able to) then I'll post that.

Cheers,

Euan

Hi David

as already mentioned don't rule out non-gated communities as there is lots of fantastic non-gated ones out there! in Orlando and as the other David as mentioned the 192 area around Medieval Times and the world Famous Wal-Mart is a great base for the Theme Parks,Shops and Resturants.

Best of luck,

Mark.

Super Moderator
    Gated or otherwise does not make any difference. The real difference comes, when on holiday we go into holiday mode and do something stupid like leave a window or door open and a laptop or camera in full view for anyone passing to help themselves. The main thing to remember is it is a home and just like when at home you take sensible precautions to do the same when on holiday.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Gated or otherwise does not make any difference. The real difference comes, when on holiday we go into holiday mode and do something stupid like leave a window or door open and a laptop or camera in full view for anyone passing to help themselves. The main thing to remember is it is a home and just like when at home you take sensible precautions to do the same when on holiday.
    Hi Jill,

Im a little surprised by your comment, I dont know how you can say it doesnt make any difference if a resort is gated or not, in our resort we have a manned 24 hour gatehouse and a system in place where anyone entering or leaving the community has to prove they should be there, its a fact that in well over a year we have not had one case of trouble in the resort in terms of break-ins etc.

I know we have to pay for this in high HOA fees but the comfort it gives us is worth it.

We also pay a fortune to our HOA to have a 24 hours manned gated community with a security patrol.
    Lynne

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Let's not get into a gated vs non-gated community discussion between homeowners please as it's obvious those who have gated homes will stand up for them and those with non-gated homes will say the opposite.

The real answer is something along the lines of Jill's comments above: remember to be careful when on holiday and never leave valuables on show or give anyone an excuse to get up to no good. A bit of common sense goes a long way. All the villa communities I have ever visited are very safe and have a very low level of crime, but Florida is like anywhere else and if you give someone the opportunity to steal then they might well take it.