Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would this get the sun all day

Florida Newbie

Would this get the sun all day

Hi All found a Villa i like and would this catch the sun most of the Day,

end of the pen pointing to the villa and the north pointer is on the top of the page

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13photo.jpg  

Ask the owner - I know of south facing pool which don't get the sun all day because the homes either side actually block the sun. We have a north facing pool which get the sun all day winter and summer and it is because of the house location in relation to the pool area and the houises around it.
    So the only person who can really answer your question is the owner.

As it would appear that the pool faces North-West & judging by the shadows on the picture, it would seem not....
    However, bear in mind that the sun is very much higher mid-summer & you may well need a little shade !!!

Florida Chatterbox
    It really depends on the houses around the villa. Our villa is also north west and gets the sun all day on some if not all of the pool area. Not there early morning but as no other villas in line of sun we do get it all day. So ask the owner to be honest with you - they will know best
    Alison

Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    As it would appear that the pool faces North-West & judging by the shadows on the picture, it would seem not....
    However, bear in mind that the sun is very much higher mid-summer & you may well need a little shade !!!
    I disagree. The north arrow looks to be pointing out to the left of the photo (that's how I see it anyway), and assuming the villa is the one with the pool at the end of the pen (not covered by the pen), then the pool is facing south east (or south south east) and the nearest villa is far enough away not to create a shadow. So I think you may well have sun all day.

However if I'm reading the north arrow wrong, then all bets are off.
    Tonish

I read it as the pool facing north east!

If you are going in the summer it makes no difference as pools in any direction will get the sun virtually all day as it's high enough in the sky, it's in the cooler months that there can be some shadows. However it will all depend on how far from the house the pool is, what is next door (larger house etc), any trees ... you need to ask the owner who I am sure will be happy to tell you. A south-west facing pool is likely to give you the best of the sun all year round, providing it is not overshadowed by neighbouring homes, trees etc.

As both my husband and I have been treated for skin cancer (we both spent much of our childhood living abroad) I do recommend that you apply high factor sun screen on a regular basis.
    Fiona

Florida Newbie
    Hi yes its south east ish, i did post the photo with north to the top, but its been rotated. and yes its the villa with the pen pointing at ( in the cul de sac )

thanks for the replies

Florida Newbie
    And its may we would be going

I would say you would get the sun from around 10.30-11.00, until sunset
    Dawn Murray

Yes you should be fine with a south east facing pool from 11 am to sunset.