Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Security Deposit

Florida Newbie
    Thank You all for all your comments.

I agree the distance is a problem. Although we are not 4000 miles away, we are Canadian so we are still about 1350 miles away.

The amount of money is not a problem it is principle.

We have given them until the end of the month.

I will let you all know what happens then.

Thanks again

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Trust me there is a ton of value in contacting them, much quicker and more effective than any court.
    I agree - that has to be the better option.

Florida Chatterbox
    One of the things you need to do is to look at the paperwork to establish whether the MC business was conducted in a company (e.g. an Inc. or an LLC), and if so whether that company was sold to the new owners. If that is the position, your contract would have been with that company, whoever owns it, so the change of ownership should not affect your contractual rights.

But if the business was conducted by the owner outside a company, using a DBA ("doing business as") name, then it could be more complicated. In that case your claim would seem to be against the previous owner of the business. Of course when a business is sold outside a company it is often the case that the new owner agrees with the old owner to pick up these sorts of liabilities - it's not good to start off your business by upsetting your customers.

Yes please keep us informed of your progress "berrybox"
    Very interested to hear the outcome.
    Val

Florida Newbie
    Update

Wehave not heard anything back from this management company. As I said before, itis not the amount of money, it is the principle. We are very disappointed inthem.

Thisis our story/vacation 2012.

Ourvacation started out a little rough, when we arrived on the day we weresupposed to get in the villa, one of the wheel bearings when out in our truck.So we got to the villa a little later than we usually do. To add to all therest of the drama over the next few days our truck had 2 more breaks. Have tochalk it up to normal wear and tear as the truck is only 4 years old.

Soanyways we got to the villa, put the key in the door and to our surprise whenthe door opened there was someone else’s belongings there. We phoned themanagement company and they couldn’t believe it either. In fact by what theysaid on the phone it kind of sounded like they didn’t believe us.

Wewaited for 2 hours for them to show up. They came and realized that we were notlying. Now when I said before that I know that there is still the same boss inthe background that was the first thing they did was to call him.

Theyscrambled around for awhile and then offered to show us 2 villas. They said thefirst one was only open for a couple of days but the 2ndvilla, the people that weresuppose to rent it had called and cancelled and so they knew that it would beopen for 2 weeks. We looked at both and decided that if the second one was openfor that long we might as well go there as we didn't know how long it would take to iron out the trouble at the villa we were suppose to be in. The management co. people lookedaround at this residence to see if everything was in order and also turned thepool heat on.

Thenext morning the management co. phoned and said the mix up was the fault of oneof there travel agents they use, that they gave the wrong house papers to thecustomer and instead of that villa it should have been a villa just down thestreet. Sounded to us like an honest mistake on the part of the travel agent.Also they said that we could go back to the villa, that they had a cleaningcrew in as we were speaking and we could move in the next day. When wequestioned them on the fact that they had said we could stay where we are theysaid that it was impossible that it was rented out. It wasn’t rented the nightbefore but was by noon the next day

Thenext problem we encountered was the pool heat or lack of. When we arrived atthe villa we were suppose to rent and found the pool not to have heat so we phonedthem again and they said that our contract stated that the villa was rentedwithout pool heat. We have ALWAYS rented the villas with pool heat. So we hadto go back to our e-mails (thank goodness for lap tops) and prove that in factwe had paid for pool heat.

Theyhummed and hawed and said that they guessed we were right but they couldn’tturn it on then because it was to cold. So for the 22 days that we had paid forwe had water warm enough to swim in for 11. It was so unfortunate because ourdaughter had accompanied us this trip and we were all looking forward to thepool. She never got to swim once.

The rest of our holiday was lovely but itsure was stressful the first few days.

Wewill be posting a complaint with the BBB and for sure never renting with thatcompany again.

Hi Martin I am pretty certain that Dee O Brien has retired .

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    No need for attorneys (pointless unless you are claiming thousands), contact Dee Obrien at licensing. Make sure you have sme kind of paper work documenting the fact, even it is just email.

Florida Newbie

Security Deposit

Can I post the name of the managemnt co?

Or is that not allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by berrybox View Post
    Can I post the name of the managemnt co?

Or is that not allowed?
    I don't think that would be allowed.
    Caroline & Dave

Ok but she must have a replacement.

Yes I'm sure she must have a replacement not sure who it is though.