Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking food into USA?

Marmite is not made from meat, it is 100% vegetarian It is a by product of the brewing process. Love the stuff, stella as a hangover cure!

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    We have also taken Marmite and popped that in the suitcase as it is Meat extract but so far so good.
    Val

Gold 5 Star Member
    And mossie repellant!
    Babblin Boo

Florida Savvy
    As there is always spare capacity in the suitcases on the outbound journey, we fill them with things we like, such as Yorkshire tea bags, Douwe Egberts coffee, Cadburys chocolate, Heinz beans, Shreddies, Fairy (non bio) washing tablets, etc.
    Scorpio

Gold 5 Star Member
    Why bring some of these items from home when Orlando Publix store have so many UK items, which we cannot buy in Tampa?
    We regularly buy Tetley tea bags, just cannot get the Yorkshire water

Publix stock Weetabix (a bit firmer that at home) and cornflakes, which are as good as identical. Heinz baked beans are available as well as tomato ketchup.

So far the only issue we have had is English style biscuits, which we get family to bring with them when they visit us, so we can get a taste of home

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisflowers View Post

So far the only issue we have had is English style biscuits, which we get family to bring with them when they visit us, so we can get a taste of home
    That made me smile Chris, I brought back a load of tins of biscuits on my last visit home, you know the type they produce for Christmas time Foxs/Cadburys etc..

I was worried they would be all broken as I had to put them in the hold, but most survived the journey as did most of the tins, just a couple dings!
    CDV

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Yes it is the white form from on the plane wereyou tick that you are bringing in food, they will ask you whate foods you have and they will send you to have your bags xrayed. This only adds about 5 minutes onto the time it takes to get out of the airport and we have never had a problem.

I know this might sound a silly question but is hard cheese something like Chedder.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Yes Lyn, anything of that nature - blocks of Cheddar type cheeses rather than squidgy soft types.
    CDV

Cheese will then be another thing for us to take, we have never found any cheese in the US that had a good strong taste.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    The Canadian Cheddar is quite nice, tried it on our last trip.

Thanks Lizb will give that a try next time.
    Lyn