Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking food into USA?

Florida Newbie

Cool Taking food into USA?

41 days till my 6th visit to Orlando & can't wait!!
    As money is a bit tighter this year I was thinking of taking some foody bits with me rather than buy over there - our first Walmart shop is usually massive!! I was thinking tea bags, coffee, biscuits etc. Does anyone/has anyone done this recently and is it allowed? Does it cause any problems at Customs? Thanks for any advice!

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We always take our own Tbags and coffee. Just make sure you admit to having food on your customs card. Biscuits are also not a problem
    Christine

We always take teabags (lots) and biscuits for the journey, as we usually go for Easter we also take mini easter eggs for our traditional egg hunt (son is 15 now but he humours me)

Jan
    Jan & Rob

I always take coffee, teabags, biscuits and cereal (too much sugar in the US type). I put it on the customs form and not had a problem so far touch wood!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lisa
    As well as those recommended, if you are trying to cut down on the costs, before you go to Walmart, I'd recommend looking in Dollar Tree as well to see what you can get in there. Things like washing powder/liquid, ceral, ketchup etc. are often available in there and instead of $2/$3 in Walmart obviously only cost a Dollar. Some things you know you will end up throwing some away when you go home so it cuts down on waste.

As long as the things you take don't have meat products in them you should be ok. There is a list on the Customs website which says which foods are prohibited. We usually take baked beans and nearly always get asked if they have sausages in them.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Thanks all for that - will def pack a few bits n pieces. Thanks for the Dollar Tree tip Steph - can you tell me where it is please?! Thanks.

Florida Chatterbox
    I ALWAYS take tea bags as the American tea bags are just awful. Coffee, bars of chocolate, porridge oats, HP sauce & English hard cheese are also items we take, but as already said, we always declare them.
    Hazel.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lisa
    I don't know where you are stying but the closest one to us is at Posner Park on Hway 277 which is about 5 mins from our place at Hampton Lakes. If you google their website you should find a list of locations so can see the closest.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Thanks so much, that's great. One final question - when people say you declare the food on the customs form - is that the one they give you to complete on the plane? Thanks.

Never had a problem with t-bags, biscuits and last year we took garlic as the garlic you buy in the States always seems very mild.
    Just pop on your customs form. We have also taken Marmite and popped that in the suitcase as it is Meat extract but so far so good.
    Val