Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta ending some Florida routes from April

Quote Originally Posted by brizzle View Post
    Any advice on transfer airport for first time indirect flyers with 3 children?
    Options are JFK, Atlanta and Detroit
    I can't speak for Detroit, but given a JFK/Atlanta option I would go for JFK. Our experience of immigration at Atlanta has never been good and we've missed our connection twice (not that it really mattered, there is usually a flight every hour or so). You also need to change terminals using the internal railway. The outbound leg of the Atlanta journey is quite lengthy and we personally prefer a shorter transatlantic flight.
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brizzle View Post

Any advice on transfer airport for first time indirect flyers with 3 children?
    Options are JFK, Atlanta and Detroit
    Not easy to answer but have a look at total journey duration and connection times. It's very hard to predict Immigration lines from 1 day to another but I'd go for JFK because, as Tonish points out, the journey split is more even that way. Whether it makes it worth adding a few hours to the total trip is for you to decide.

Delta are building a new terminal at JFK which will probably be ready by the time you travel so I'd expect the facilities to be impressive there when that happens.

Florida Expert
    Thanks for the advice, we were already coming back MCO>JFK>LHR so will look into that option for the outward journey but flying into Tampa.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Delta still have four flights a day from Atlanta to Melbourne.

Melbourne is on the east coast and about 1 hour to Orlando(55 miles)